It's Called Stencyl, and it Pwns

icon

Ever wanted to create that one game you've always dreamed about, but are a really bad coder and/or don't want to learn? Then you need Stencyl, the easiest 2D tile-based game creater ever (plus it's free!). It uses point click programming with easy to set up triggers. I like it because now I don't need to keep posting on the GMC for help on my games made with Game Maker. The best part about it (mainly because we are all artists) is that the only part that really requires any skill is your graphics. So far, Stencyl has "kits" for you to make platformers, action, action rpg's, strategy and shooter. More kits will arrive.

home page: http://www.stencyl.com/about/

Posted by silent sniper @ 4/14/2007 20:45  |    14

Discussion

Wareya (Level 1 Rookie) @ 12/1/2009 21:53

I'm testing Stencyl Works right now, and while it's not a POWERFUL as I expected, I shouldn't have expected much in that category. It IS easier than anything else to make any ultra-specific kind of game.

silent sniper (Level 1 Depressed) @ 6/25/2009 22:24

i know, i'm pissed

blendaz (Level 1 Rookie) @ 6/20/2009 02:31

It was "going" to be available in the end of 2008 i think ... still NOTHING.

-Fizz- (Level 1 Rookie) @ 1/26/2009 16:00
IT'S NOT VAPORWARE YOU'VE JUST GOTTA BELIEVE

miky (Level 1 Rookie) @ 6/9/2008 16:53

I love how they'll "release when they're ready" and they're in "stealth-mode". It's just amazing what they've done so far. This is obviously way better than Game Maker.

This is pretty much vaporware as of now.

ceddo (Level 6 Yonkyu) @ 4/18/2007 09:56
Awesine, it'll work for Linux and mac! I've gotta try this out :)

FrankieSmileShow (Level 6 Manager) @ 4/17/2007 08:16
tsssk get Game Maker for that, fools!
Not only its point and click(actually its more of a drag-and-drop) but in plus, you can also program in text. Or even do a very liberal mix of both, depending on how much you know.

Badassbill (Level 10 Maniac) @ 4/16/2007 01:56
Only Alpha version in May, official version is set for 2008.

Hapiel (Level 11 Admiral) @ 4/16/2007 01:29
cant wait to download it!!

Guts (Level 2 Corporal) @ 4/16/2007 01:11
Creating shooter ... Whoo, like Cave shooting game ?

Xion Night (Level 1 Thug) @ 4/15/2007 21:41
This sounds perfect. And just in time for me to start actually working on a game I've been planning for...uh...not that long, but still. I can't wait to see if it's any good.

jalonso (Level 11 Godfather) @ 4/15/2007 20:34
oh man, I thought I finally would be making my own game...and finishing it :(
next month I guess

kakikukeko (Level 5 Detective) @ 4/15/2007 20:18
Nothing to dowload except screenshots, it's not out yet...
"Stencyl is currently under private development, and will be open to the public in the month of May."

Josiah (Level 9 Federal Agent) @ 4/15/2007 19:46
I have heard about it earlier. This does look pretty interesting also since I'm bad at the whole coding thing, can't wait to see what this does

This Week's Pixel Art

Punk Gal icon/pixelartSuper Mario UFO Land icon/pixelartBlack world icon/pixelartPeaceful map icon/pixelart
Play party games with QuizBash app