Pixel Joint Server Move Update

icon
Hey good people. I think I'm finally ready to move the server this weekend. Reminder: the PJ Wordpress blog will be where I'll post in case the wheels come off the wagon.

Posted by sedgemonkey @ 3/13/2008 23:07  |    16

Discussion

0xDB (Level 5 Detective) @ 3/16/2008 12:30
You're welcome. I'm glad to see that everything went well and I'm also happy for every little piece of information that I can provide(if it helps someone).

sedgemonkey (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 3/16/2008 11:40
Thanks Dennis. I posted that on the old server.

0xDB (Level 5 Detective) @ 3/16/2008 05:40
I just experienced some odd glitch. I'm currently at home at my parents place and I was unable to access the pixeljoint until now. The odd thing was: When I accessed it via remote desktop through my other computer which is located in another city and connected to the web through a different ISP, it worked.

Rebooting my A-DSL modem helped in this case and now I'm able to access the pixeljoint from here too. Previously all that I was able to see here was a message on the homepage which said that the DNS servers were updated and that it might take 24 to 48 hours to be able to see the pixeljoint again.

So in short: Resetting the internet connection (redialling) and restarting my PC helped here.
If you have direct contact to any other pixeljointers, who seem to have trouble connecting, maybe a redial and a PC restart will help them too. Please spread the news.

Vertigo-Zero (Level 9 Necrophiliac) @ 3/16/2008 05:21
Hope Sedge makes a back-up, else ill curse at everyobdy for a whole week :S

Larwick (Level 8 Regional Boss) @ 3/15/2008 20:16
PAJAMAAZ.

The B.O.B. (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 3/15/2008 10:55
Yeah, I too enjoy Pajamas...wait, what's going on?

ShoneGold (Level 1 Rookie) @ 3/15/2008 06:42
Fingers crossed...never fear we will find you! Don't stress, PJs is loved too much! :)

Metaru (Level 8 Brigadier General) @ 3/14/2008 21:37
yeah baby shake it

skeddles (Level 11 Psychopath) @ 3/14/2008 21:25
I'm guessing that once it's back up, it'll have no effect on us.

jalonso (Level 11 Godfather) @ 3/14/2008 21:25
Everything will be the same guys. Just a server change. PJ may be down temporarily if that :)

greenraven (Level 2 Hired Gun) @ 3/14/2008 20:38
Is the URL going to change, or just the server?

skeddles (Level 11 Psychopath) @ 3/14/2008 07:50
ZOMG TAKE REFUGE

Bloo (Level 5 Lieutenant) @ 3/14/2008 07:24
Wh.... what??? Will pixeljoint be closed??? I don't want that to happen....

PixelSpy (Level 5 Captain) @ 3/14/2008 06:42
will there be a brain slug involved?

Metaru (Level 8 Brigadier General) @ 3/14/2008 05:17
so PJ will not be online this weekend or everything will work anyway?

Larwick (Level 8 Regional Boss) @ 3/14/2008 05:09
I'm scared! D:

This Week's Pixel Art

Werebee icon/pixelartOctobit - Day 12 - Noir icon/pixelartOctobit - Day 6 - Lost At Sea icon/pixelartLost at sea icon/pixelart
Play party games with QuizBash app