deviantART Pixel Art CR Position

icon
The Pixel Art gallery on deviantART has been without a moderator for a while, and now it seems something is finally being done about it!

It'd be amazing to see someone knowledgeable about pixel art in this position, to keep the gallery over there running smoothly and to encourage the community. Where better to start looking for that than here?

Note that you must be 18 years of age or older to qualify.

Posted by blue @ 1/22/2009 06:27  |    27

Discussion

Tre Le Coco (Level 1 Thug) @ 1/27/2009 01:17
lol funny ;P nah it eventually loaded for me after a few days

zi-double (Level 9 Necrophiliac) @ 1/24/2009 08:00
I agreed with Lollige and Metaru :) If everybody keep his works on the HDD, than noboby will see them. If nobody see them than nobody will take inspiration. Yep PJ is best place to share PA works, but more places is best in that case :)

Hope to find somebody who to continuer the work of Ann there.

Metaru (Level 8 Brigadier General) @ 1/24/2009 06:26
because still something has to be done. if you dont want to do it for dA, we should at leats do it for shonegold. her work shouldnt be lost for the sake of the comunity.

Hapiel (Level 11 Admiral) @ 1/24/2009 03:22
Because the next generation of pixel artists will only find us via deviantart.
Its training them, or we will die :)

Metaru (Level 8 Brigadier General) @ 1/23/2009 13:50

go ahead, i'd like to see your opinions in situ.

Zenobia (Level 1 Rookie) @ 1/23/2009 12:47
I'd like doing events and such best, but as Metaru said, the crap needs to be cleaned up, and someone needs to do it, so I'm up for that as well.

I mean we should at least all give it a try right, instead of giving up on it straight away?

Metaru (Level 8 Brigadier General) @ 1/23/2009 12:34
at least you need one to manage eevents and activities,a nd another to clean the crap.

i'd gladly take the second if anyone wants to be the 1st.

blue (Level 2 Peon) @ 1/23/2009 11:45
So basically, because it's too much work for one person to do alone, no one should do anything about it at all and it should just be allowed to get constantly worse? (;

skeddles (Level 11 Psychopath) @ 1/23/2009 11:13
Yeah, you really would need at least one person contantly online deleting things. So many non-pixel artists submit their crap(art that isn't theirs[gaia avatars, ripped sprites, edited sprites] or art that isn't pixel art[gaia avatars, crappy pixel sketches, oekaki, crapcrapcrap]). A lot of people just don't get what pixel art is.

Skull (Level 11 CEO) @ 1/23/2009 05:07
So really, what we've established is that because the gallery, as of right now, is in such a state and continues to worsen, it is too much of a job for just one person to manage, let alone change for the better.

Carnivac (Level 8 Shodan) @ 1/23/2009 03:13
I spend way more time on DA than I do here (it's also the place I met my wonderful girlfriend) but not enough time to take on that position.  I hope someone does though.

Squirrelsquid (Level 4 Shichikyu) @ 1/23/2009 02:44
I would do it... but - because of the same reasons as Lar - I can't.

Hapiel (Level 11 Admiral) @ 1/23/2009 01:58
Its the special automated: 'you better not do this' trap. Anyone who is not 110% suited sees a broken link

no I do not know why you cant load it.

Tre Le Coco (Level 1 Thug) @ 1/22/2009 22:57
random, but could someone help me out ^^; i can't seem to load the link for the application to GM :(

Metaru (Level 8 Brigadier General) @ 1/22/2009 22:34
that work requires not one but multiple managers to keep the gallery not only active but also clean. poor shonegold burned herself spending hours doing that work, and even with that, the lack of moderation and nonPA in the deptartment was so high it just overwhelmed her. like others around, i would take the position gladly, but not alone. not for that task.

Larwick (Level 8 Regional Boss) @ 1/22/2009 19:01
If i had loads of time i would totally do this.
But i don't.

Saporion (Level 2 Dealer) @ 1/22/2009 16:54
I hope someone with a nice eye for pixel art is chosen. (:

Tre Le Coco (Level 1 Thug) @ 1/22/2009 15:53
c64 = <3

Im thinking of applying for it, it would be a great experience i think :)

skeddles (Level 11 Psychopath) @ 1/22/2009 14:08
18+ ftl.

Hapiel (Level 11 Admiral) @ 1/22/2009 13:54
I gave up on it, and wrote that to moonbeam too. However, Id love to see a new generation of beginner pixel artists on deviantArt. Its where my origins are too.
For those who did not grow up with c64, there is no other way ;)

Zenobia (Level 1 Rookie) @ 1/22/2009 13:01
I suggested that if they want the gallery organised, they better appoint multiple people for the time being.

I'm also sad ShoneGold dissappeared. I really hope she's doing ok. Even though Pixel Art is hard to manage at dA she was fighting a good battle.

blue (Level 2 Peon) @ 1/22/2009 11:49
Maybe -- but it'd be nice to at least have a foot in the door, if you know what I mean, and not have someone who knows nothing about pixel art and has no clue what they're doing [cough] passing out the awards and promoting the community. (;

Gil (Level 6 Major) @ 1/22/2009 10:01
No one cares about DeviantArt. Except for ShoneGold, but she's too kind for this world anyway

Skull (Level 11 CEO) @ 1/22/2009 08:54
Sad to see ShoneGold unable to keep it up - a very welcoming person to the community.

But it's also good to see something being done about it.

This Week's Pixel Art

Shmuptivity Logo Alt Ships icon/pixelart100x100 characters icon/pixelartFemale Warrior icon/pixelartEnergy Rifle icon/pixelart
Play party games with QuizBash app