The Giana Sisters are back! For Nintendo DS!

icon

Thats right... This year the company that got Great Giana Sisters off the shelves in the 80's, are now making their own version. Oh the sweet irony. Maybe this time the brothers really are history? The game features heavily updated graphics and animation as well as remixes of the classic Chris Hülsbeck masterpieces. Check out the official homepage and Spellbound's (in german) homepage.

Posted by Flarfy @ 3/24/2009 23:54  |    6

Discussion

Squirrelsquid (Level 4 Shichikyu) @ 4/12/2009 02:15

indeed D: - that one NDS space BG in my gallery took more time tweaking it right for the display... blue colors are horror on the NDS D:

Flarfy (Level 5 Detective) @ 4/12/2009 01:04

@ Squirrelsquid : Yeah, graphic is amazing! Clean, crisp, smooth animation. Just a detail... noticed that all the screenshots that had'nt been raped by the jpg format, had a total of 64 colors. Has DS really only 6-bit colors?

Squirrelsquid (Level 4 Shichikyu) @ 4/11/2009 21:45

awesome - I played it - I kinda know the guys that made it over thousand corners. Their animator is amazing :O

public0x00 (Level 1 Rookie) @ 4/11/2009 18:17

Machinae Supremacy did a great cover of the Giana Sisters theme song. Check it out @ www.youtube.com/watch

Brod (Level 1 Jukyu) @ 4/11/2009 14:00

Looks cool, never heard of the game though.

Haha. It's rated for ages 3+ and has an area named hell.

Carnivac (Level 8 Shodan) @ 4/11/2009 03:17

Well, nice to see some old retro stuff being rehashed for modern machines even if it is a game I never really liked in the first place.  Mentioning Chris Hülsbeck though reminds me how much I'd love a co-operative new Turrican for the console download services.  Certainly got plenty people on my PSN who loved good ol' Turrican II on the Amiga.  Still my favorite game soundtrack of all time too.

This Week's Pixel Art

Notre Dame icon/pixelartMermaid icon/pixelartmykar and gal vacay icon/pixelartScene 03 icon/pixelart
Play party games with QuizBash app