Toxic Sonic Zombie Massacre!

icon

Manning Krull's latest project, Toxic Sonic Zombie Massacre, has been released. The game includes 3 playable characters from the Toxic Sonic band, as well as another 3 hidden characters, and plenty more secrets, which you may find the code to upon viewing some of Manning Krull's latest submissons here. Everything is entirely pixelled, and done so nicely.

For those interested or wanting to take a look, Go HERE.

Posted by Dr D @ 4/23/2009 22:40  |    33

Discussion

mitch968 (Level 1 Rookie) @ 8/30/2009 07:47

This game you've made would have been in the top 1 of the snes series great job

11 / 10

mitch968 (Level 1 Rookie) @ 8/30/2009 07:42

ManningKrull i'm just asking if you can make a god of war type pixel game

I'll really appreciate it THX

banane4joy (Level 5 Detective) @ 4/27/2009 07:55

You rock! I love your pixels and i was waiting for this game.

ManningKrull (Level 9 Executioner) @ 4/26/2009 14:57

Hmm, MarthisMarth, we never saw this issue during testing, so I'm not sure what it could be, other than jalonso's suggestion about updating your plugin. Sorry it's not working for you! I wish I could help; I'm just the dumb pixel guy. :) I hope you get to check it out.

jalonso (Level 11 Godfather) @ 4/26/2009 13:35

Marth, your Flash plugin must need to be updated to the latest version.

MarthisMarth (Level 1 Intern) @ 4/26/2009 11:31

Every time I click a mode to play, the box just turns gray and nothing shows up. I let it sit for about an hour and still nothing. Any one have an idea about what's wrong with my computer?

Slemboll (Level 1 Rookie) @ 4/26/2009 11:27

I found it now :) this game was really good my favourite character was the guy with spray

Slemboll (Level 1 Rookie) @ 4/26/2009 11:17

Just a question. Cant you do any attacks or such. Just collect all the items ??

ManningKrull (Level 9 Executioner) @ 4/26/2009 07:53

Yeah, the drummer (Alexis aka Necros) is one of my best friends in Paris, and I lived with him for a year before I moved in with my girlfriend last year. I've met the other folks in the band a few times but I don't know them as well.

skeddles (Level 11 Psychopath) @ 4/26/2009 07:36

Definately fun

I meant to ask, do you have some sort of affiliation with the band?

ManningKrull (Level 9 Executioner) @ 4/26/2009 06:44

Thanks for the comments everybody! Something that might be worth mentioning, this game exists mainly as a promotional tool for the band, and the goal of the project is to get the player to the end so they can download the song. So we intentionally designed the game to be very short and very easy, but hopefully fun to look and fun to play for a couple minutes.

skeddles (Level 11 Psychopath) @ 4/26/2009 06:23

beat it (it's really short, I actually lost at the boss the first time).

Badassbill (Level 11 Psychopath) @ 4/26/2009 06:18

Any good game needs some kind of power up, and the single button attack made the game overly dull and repetitive.

PanicBomber (Level 6 Manager) @ 4/26/2009 05:12

i played and killed the boss, awesome retrogame! loved it!!

Frost (Level 6 Serial Killer) @ 4/26/2009 04:05

The design of the game is pretty good and the pixels are well placed. The game is too short though and the characters are a bit unbalanced, one of them is way better than tha two others, wich only use is to get past the few obstacles that only a specific character can get past.

OK, I'ts a pretty funny little game, BUT, I hate flash. I don't see the idea to use flash for a game like this (except for platform independence). I don't want to need a fairly modern PC to play games that could be made to play on hardware from the 80's.

Crylar (Level 5 Killer Klown) @ 4/26/2009 03:50

I really like the art stye, not many games have an orignial style like this. Love the player characters and the zombies too. Theres really not much to crit about the graphics, maybe that the eiffel tower when laying cross the level, btw a cool way to make the background a part of the map :D, it could be more shaded, having the left side alittle darker then the top or something.

But as a game it's pretty simple, don't know how much critic you wont on that part, but still I think there is a few things worth mentioning.
The jumping feels a bit harsh, not sure what would fix it but maybe have a lower top speed in falling and in raising, this would of course mess up the whole jumping motion so maybe the consequence would be to much work.
Placement of the screen isn't very friendly to the player, the player should not be pushing the screen to scroll like that, when scrolling the player is to far on the side of the screen, have you see more of whats behind you rather then whats coming ahead.
What would be nice here is if the screen looks ahead for the player, so when looking right the screen focus a little right of the player, but this might be tough to make and work smooth, but really just centering the screen on the player would be better then what is now.

And of course the enemies could have more complex movement but I like the arcade feel to itthem now, and find it to be fitting for the game, but maybe a more dynamic level design would be nice :p

But still, can't stop loving the graphics and for a fucking flash game this is awesome sweet.
Keep hitting them pixels and make more games :D

Dr D (Level 4 Shichikyu) @ 4/25/2009 23:23

Sorry about taking up the high scores. Well, not really.

Use the hidden characters, play on hard mode, and beat the game fast.

Sasajun (Level 1 Thug) @ 4/25/2009 16:35

I enjou the style of this! i realyl look forward to playing it more!

Squirrelsquid (Level 4 Shichikyu) @ 4/25/2009 16:26

The graphics are awesome! - I found the gameplay to be a bit too simplistic for my liking, still it was fun ^^

TheManuz (Level 5 Killer Klown) @ 4/25/2009 13:57

Nice game, pretty simple and straightforward.

I like the characterization of the band, i did not like the zombies behavior because they behave all the same, so the difference between a zombie and another is only graphical (and energy, sometimes).

I also expected a little more depth for main characters. Maybe dialogs and more things they can or cannot do.

Anyway, i understand that the game is only a short play, so it's ok the way it is.

Shawn (Level 9 Federal Agent) @ 4/25/2009 13:49

Dr. D stole all the high scores by getting twice what i got. The hell?

Blackbeltdude (Level 7 Ichikyu) @ 4/25/2009 13:48

Pretty awesome! Got a little Lost Viking thing going on with the characters too. ;)

A very fun game! Great job Manning Krull, I was looking forward to playing this game when you started posting the graphics for it. :)

TheManuz (Level 5 Killer Klown) @ 4/25/2009 13:41

I was waiting for this since i saw the graphics made by ManningKrull.

I'll try it and i'll post my impressions.

Azrael (Level 2 Dealer) @ 4/25/2009 12:57

very good, i like the combination of abilty to pass the terrain

greenraven (Level 2 Hired Gun) @ 4/25/2009 12:33

I didn't even get a high score. T_T

skeddles (Level 11 Psychopath) @ 4/25/2009 10:32

OMg so exciting!

Tried it, awesome game. Now I'm gonna go beat it.

mappower (Level 1 Depressed) @ 4/25/2009 09:42

Boring IMO..

jalonso (Level 11 Godfather) @ 4/25/2009 08:58

Really cool first release. Everything works really well.

ManningKrull (Level 9 Executioner) @ 4/25/2009 08:49

Wow, thanks everybody, and thanks very much Dr D for posting this!

Flarfy (Level 5 Detective) @ 4/25/2009 07:42

That's my favorite part too!

Mykola (Level 2 Flatfoot) @ 4/25/2009 06:58

woohoo! just completed it

the game concept and graphics are amazimng, been waiting for this since manning uploaded the first graphics to Pj and it didnt disappoint

my favorite part was seeing the eiffel tower crumble in the background, only to appear near it couple minutes later to my surprise :D

sapphira83 (Level 4 Button Man) @ 4/25/2009 06:16

it's pretty fun for me; but that's cause i like zombie games. the pixel r awesome (kudos to manning krull). when i have some free time, i'm gonna play the game through.

Hapiel (Level 11 Admiral) @ 4/25/2009 05:29

A bit short, but therefor not less interesting! Give it a try, the graphics are nice indeed!

This Week's Pixel Art

Well icon/pixelartSelf-portrait icon/pixelartFever of Rays icon/pixelartNotre Dame icon/pixelart
Play party games with QuizBash app