Game Design Comp

Jay is Games is sponsoring another game competition. First Prize is US$1,000.

Design a game that incorporates a given theme (see link). It doesn't have to be complex nor large in scope. You may use any browser-based technology platform you are comfortable with (Flash, Unity, Shockwave, Javascript, etc.).

The deadline for entries is
Sunday, October 4, 2009 at 11:59PM (GMT-5:00).

So, start the brainstorming, pixelling and coding ...!

Posted by jalonso @ 8/26/2009 21:32  |    9

surt (Level 11 Godfather) @ 8/29/2009 21:31

So it is a game development competition, not a game design competition?

Semmu (Level 1 Private) @ 8/28/2009 12:38

i like flash games too, but this competition isn't for me :D (i can't programming in flash and can't pixxelling very well...)

greenraven (Level 1 Gangster) @ 8/28/2009 07:58

I actually like flash games. Mainly because you can play them anywhere, school, relatives house, etc...

Too bad I can't make one though. :\

gumol (Level 1 Depressed) @ 8/28/2009 07:39

well I for example like the good old C++ with Allegro, SDL or OpenGL/GLUT, never made anything in Flash/Actionscript or Javascript... (but probably learning them on a mediocre level wouldn't take too much time, I think ;)) but I don't have free time in September so I couldn't enter this compo anyway :P

sry for my english, I'm too lazy too check for mistakes ;P

PS oh, and I think I can understand Wolverine, plaing games in browsers has a bit different vibe to it. For me the annoying part is that You usually can't make them fullscreen and fully enjoy the climax (? I dunno if this is the right word :P) of the game :]

AngelOTG (Level 1 Rookie) @ 8/28/2009 06:29

Why is the fact that it's browser-based running people off?

It's just like making any ol' Flash game and exporting. :/

xXHalfieXx (Level 4 Lieutenant) @ 8/27/2009 13:33

Browser-based, no thanks.

Carnivac (Level 8 Shodan) @ 8/27/2009 01:50

ugh.. I was interested in that until it said 'browser-based'.  I don't even like playing games in a browser at all never mind wanting to make one.  Shame though cos the Explore theme is something I like.

AngelOTG (Level 1 Rookie) @ 8/26/2009 22:02

ActionScript is the easy part. The hard part is learning how to properly bash your head into the desk as to knock yourself out immediately after dealing with it for hours.

skeddles (Level 11 Psychopath) @ 8/26/2009 21:41

Hm.. it's times like these that make me wish I knew how to use actionscript.

This Week's Pixel Art

The Keeper icon/pixelartKing of the Jungle icon/pixelartMelanie Martinez - Crybaby icon/pixelartTaming a wild palette beast icon/pixelart