Pixel Art Challenge: The United Cakedom

icon

There was probably some kind of notable wedding recently, who knows. Just in case there was, we should bake some cakes to celebrate, well, actually, how about we pixel some cakes instead?

You can pixel any kind of cake - it doesn't necessarily have to be a wedding cake. Any kind of cake that can fit into a 72 x 72 canvas is fine. It can be a full cake, a slice of cake, a cupcake - up to you. It would be a good idea to tell us what cake you're making in your description, a recipe would be nice too :o

Just so we're clear, no backgrounds; just the cake on its own, served on a transparent background.

For some cake ideas, check here; also, here's a whole bunch of delicious examples from the gallery from emlan.

Canvas size- Max 72 x 72.
Colours- Max 12.
Transparency- Required.
Animation- Optional.

Posted by jeremy @ 5/2/2011 00:02  |    18

Discussion

jalonso (Level 11 Godfather) @ 5/8/2011 15:03

Deadline clock is always on the front page on the right hand side.

The clock runs on US westcoast time unless you have set your clock in your profile to match you.

Lysekoid (Level 1 Rookie) @ 5/8/2011 15:01

When is the deadline?

fawful (Level 6 Yonkyu) @ 5/6/2011 04:52

oh great now everybody's going to pixel cakes that don't exist

Rebolation? (Level 1 Thug) @ 5/4/2011 16:07

Meu bolo já está participando !   ( Brazil Here )

Juniorps (Level 5 Soldier) @ 5/3/2011 20:13

I like it.

Alex Pang (Level 6 Made) @ 5/3/2011 12:11

THE CAKE IS A LIE!

Sorry I had to :D

Reo (Level 11 Sensei) @ 5/2/2011 23:42

I think this is a challenge for Delicious!

jeremy (Level 11 Special Agent) @ 5/2/2011 21:53

@tanuki: it has to be a cake. Look at the wiki article for cake and list of cakes to see what makes a cake a cake. The tortilla that history is talking about isn't the flat thingy, more this. A savoury cake would still count :)

@Chibiwing: the dessert bûche de noël means the entire deal I think (like, with all the pretend snow and stuff). So the bûche itself (just the bûche) is cool

I never want to use the word cake again now >:I

Chibiwing (Level 4 Deputy) @ 5/2/2011 15:55

Do variations of swiss rolls count?  The buche de noel is made by rolling cake into a log shape...  I want to do the smaller, two person yule log from Antique Bakery.

tanuki (Level 1 Seaman) @ 5/2/2011 09:50

Does it have to be a sweet cake? I've seen the history of cakes before and they haven't always been sweet, or fancy. For example, "tortilla" apparently means "little cake" in spanish.

Or should I just assume that it needs to be a cake I'd have as a dessert?

Photocopier (Level 11 Godfather) @ 5/2/2011 06:56

So we're drawing kate to commemorate Will and Cake?

Wait, I'm not sure I got that right :P

skamocore (Level 11 CEO) @ 5/2/2011 03:26

It should be a cake; if it's not a cake, then no...

~R~ (Level 2 Hired Gun) @ 5/2/2011 03:20

I mean if you make a piece of cheese, but with details like a cake, for example, topping. Also, the cheese is just an example.

jeremy (Level 11 Special Agent) @ 5/2/2011 03:17

A slice of cheese is not a piece of cake, so no.

~R~ (Level 2 Hired Gun) @ 5/2/2011 03:11

The cake haves to be serious, or it can be a free way, as, for example, making a pun on it, as a "Cheesecake" being a slice of cheese?

ultimaodin (Level 3 Corporate Drone) @ 5/2/2011 02:10

Yeah true ha ha it's just the first thing that pops into my mind when I read cake these days. I might seriously have a go at this one though as I don't have anything to do with a timeframe this week plus it's a nice small canvas. =D

skamocore (Level 11 CEO) @ 5/2/2011 02:07

Yeah, I was pretty much trying to avoid the Portal jokes here, which have pretty much been done to death.

ultimaodin (Level 3 Corporate Drone) @ 5/2/2011 01:53

The cake is a lie, the cake is a lie, the cake is a lie!

Edit: I know you said no Bg's but I am so tempted to put a portal on either side of the cake now to make an infinit cake. It's not really bg just other items but yeah....

This Week's Pixel Art

Earthworm Jim Remake icon/pixelartLich King Avatar icon/pixelartTeletext City icon/pixelartWhen you've loved so long icon/pixelart