Pixel Art Challenge: A City in the Clouds

icon

Show us a scene depicting an original city that resides on or just above the clouds.

Canvas Size - Max 175 x 225 (either horizontal or vertical).
Colours - Max 25.
Transparency - Optional.
Animation - Optional.

Posted by jeremy @ 5/23/2011 00:02  |    9

Discussion

GhosTZinhu (Level 1 Depressed) @ 5/23/2011 11:17

Hello, well  I'm Brazilian
and I'm translating everything.

then .. as I show you my pixel art?

until

ThomasJH (Level 2 Flatfoot) @ 5/23/2011 07:30

sweet, i'll be looking forward to enter my first challenge :)

skamocore (Level 11 CEO) @ 5/23/2011 05:21

Slightly updated the wording :o It's now "on or just above", rather than only "just above".

Opacus (Level 7 Ichikyu) @ 5/23/2011 02:44

Am I glad I finally have some time this weekend. Gotta participate!

skamocore (Level 11 CEO) @ 5/23/2011 01:55

It's more or less up to interpretation. I feel kind of bad for not going into too much detail, but really, the idea is very fantasy oriented, given that clouds aren't actually physical objects and all. So, think creatively, but stick to the theme.

Actually /in/ space wouldn't be acceptable; that would be very hard to justify as being just above the clouds. Lots of info in the cloud wiki page. Especially look at the heights of defferent types of clouds.

On top of a high mountain would be ok.

Mrmo Tarius (Level 10 Master Sniper) @ 5/23/2011 01:41

BESP...oh, has to be original :)

I guess it can be on top of a mountain, as it would still 'reside' above the clouds :)

(also floating city would be so much totally win :)

ThomasJH (Level 2 Flatfoot) @ 5/23/2011 01:37

do you mean "resides just above the clouds" as in space or just sitting on the clouds lightly?

Chibiwing (Level 4 Deputy) @ 5/23/2011 01:36

I already have so many ideas for this.

tanuki (Level 1 Seaman) @ 5/23/2011 00:42

I think this'll be my favorite challenge yet.

This Week's Pixel Art

Shinto icon/pixelartAbandoned Train icon/pixelartDragonborn Barbarian icon/pixelartStars icon/pixelart
Play party games with QuizBash app