Pixel Art Challenge: Side Canvas Not So Fruity

icon

Much like the Mid-Canvas Void challenge we ran a while back, the goal here is to pixel something using the provided template. You must, however, include a single solid coloured area - indicated below by the highlighted green square. The highlighted section can be any colour you want; it doesn't necessarily have to be #00ff00 / green.

You may rotate the canvas if you like; this means that the top, right, bottom, or left hand side could contain your solid-colour area.

Perhaps, most importantly, unlike the previous challenge, your image doesn't have to relate to fruit (but it can if you want).

Canvas Size - Use template:

the image

Colours - Unrestricted. Keep in mind though, that your chosen side canvas section must only be one solid colour.
Transparency - No.
Animation - No.

Posted by skamocore @ 5/30/2011 00:02  |    12

Discussion

zZLaTeSniPerzZ (Level 1 Rookie) @ 6/8/2011 08:45

zZLaTeSniperzZ

In a new montage called...

Got skill

Chibiwing (Level 4 Deputy) @ 6/5/2011 20:45

You better...  >: l  *glares adorably*

Mrmo Tarius (Level 10 Master Sniper) @ 6/5/2011 14:22

I will, for the next challenge :)

Chibiwing (Level 4 Deputy) @ 6/5/2011 13:31

But you always do such beautiful work; I demand that you submit something. D:<

Mrmo Tarius (Level 10 Master Sniper) @ 6/5/2011 12:47

I love this week's challenge entries! Alas, I haven't had the time to make something myself :/

Chibiwing (Level 4 Deputy) @ 6/3/2011 21:45

Shouldn't be that hard; I checked myself throughout my work.  All you have to do is keep a spare canvas or square around that you copy and paste.  As long as it's the color you want for that area anyway you don't even need to remove it afterwards.  Most of the time I kept my square block in place and would just change the color from black to purple to check out how the whole thing looked, then undid it.

I'd be fine if it covered the bottom third, 'cause my spot is being troublesome right now.

Mathias (Level 5 Rokkyu) @ 6/3/2011 21:02

The rules are clear to me.

Interesting challenge restrictions. Though, I prefer challenges that result in peices more obviously related to eachother - this challenge will result in submissions that will most likely not look they're all following the same restrictions.

So, I think the green/solid color area should be much larger.

I'm curious to see how the PJ Checker will detect violations for this one.

Lynxiie (Level 1 Depressed) @ 5/30/2011 10:35

Yeah, i'd already started an then was like 'Wait... do you have to follow a colour rule or any other rule in the black (or white) sections too?' ! lolz :)

Chibiwing (Level 4 Deputy) @ 5/30/2011 10:27

I considered that for a minute when the challenge first appeared. ^_^

Lynxiie (Level 1 Depressed) @ 5/30/2011 09:14

Ohhh, thankiez, i thought that it might be connected to another rule!! :)

Chibiwing (Level 4 Deputy) @ 5/30/2011 05:00

I'm guessing it's to make it easier for us to see what they mean/how big the square is in relation to the canvas and for if we want to rotate it.

Lynxiie (Level 1 Depressed) @ 5/30/2011 04:37

What is the significance of the cheakered pattern??? :)

This Week's Pixel Art

Gator icon/pixelartfirst attempt to mech icon/pixelartShinto icon/pixelartMost Wanted icon/pixelart
Play party games with QuizBash app