Futurama Pixel Art Episode

icon

Futurama presented a big chunk of their last episode using pixel art. They know their audience!

Check it!

Posted by sedgemonkey @ 9/14/2011 09:16  |    13

Discussion

DDR (Level 1 Rookie) @ 9/22/2011 00:27

Great episode, thanks for the link Losm. The origional doesn't work in Canada.

Delicious (Level 9 Boss) @ 9/17/2011 14:28

"Byte* my 8-bit metal ass" ;)

7even (Level 9 Nidan) @ 9/17/2011 11:37

"BITE MY 8-BIT METAL ASS"

Epic.

Delicious (Level 9 Boss) @ 9/15/2011 13:57

Thank you, that works. :)

Losm (Level 7 Mass Murderer) @ 9/15/2011 12:54

Try this link.

Delicious (Level 9 Boss) @ 9/15/2011 12:42

Odd, because I live in North America. (Canada) :P

It seems as though there is no link to Futurama. It redirects me to the Canadian Comedy Network homepage, and I tried searching everywhere for the Futurama link under the shows menu but I'm unable to find it. Perhaps Canada doesn't air Futurama anymore, thus canadians are not as priviledged and can't watch pixelated Futurama?! Blasphemy. Though I'm pretty sure that isn't the case because it was just under a couple weeks ago I was watching it. =/

Ah well.

CELS (Level 7 Sheriff) @ 9/15/2011 05:25

The link works great in Norway as well.

Gotta love Futurama. They also made some great references to old computer games in the Tales of Interest anthologies. Waka waka.

ChrisButton (Level 1 Rookie) @ 9/15/2011 03:20

:D awesome

jamesmorrow07 (Level 1 Jukyu) @ 9/14/2011 22:06

Oohhh shee-yit! Great find sedgemonkey!

I just watched the entire clip and thought it was great having some Space Invaders reference in there. Hell, there were quite a few other gaming references, including one that didn't have anything to do with video games at all.

newGuy (Level 3 Enforcer) @ 9/14/2011 19:48

Actually the link works perfectly for me, and I'm in Brazil, so I don't think that's the case.

Badassbill (Level 11 Psychopath) @ 9/14/2011 15:24

This link only works for people living in North America.

jalonso (Level 11 Godfather) @ 9/14/2011 13:54

@Delicious, It loads ok for me. Try the sidebar or go to 'futurama' program.

The pixel part was cool but I loved the old-timey b/w with all the bouncing.

In the Eastern US this episode re-airs on Comedy Central tonight at 9:30 or 10 pm.

Delicious (Level 9 Boss) @ 9/14/2011 12:56

Link is only sending me to the comedy networks main page. Not sure where to find the preview of the episode using pixel art. Sounds very interesting though!

This Week's Pixel Art

Space Delivery Man icon/pixelartQuakeBoy icon/pixelartSpace Delivery Man - Ship icon/pixelartOctagon Pulse icon/pixelart
Play party games with QuizBash app