Pixel Art Challenge: Ultra-Close Portrait

icon

Create a close-up portrait of a human face.

The face should take up all - or almost all - of the canvas size. At most, it should be framed between the chin and the forehead; however, you're encourged to zoom in even closer than that.

Canvas Size
- Max 75 x 75.
Colours
- Unrestricted.
Transparency
Animation

Posted by skamocore @ 11/28/2011 00:11  |    12

Discussion

Kravvon Nar'roth (Level 4 Ensign) @ 11/29/2011 12:18

True. Eyes are also really hard to do right (at least that's been my experience). Getting the translucent effect and adding the necessary highlights while maintaining the correct shape can be challenging at times. Personally I still have a long way to go in facial anatomy, so I think I'll pass over this challenge... I'll just sit back and watch the pretty pictures flow in so I can study them at my leisure. :P

slym (Level 8 Rear Admiral) @ 11/28/2011 20:02

Does it have to be 100% realistic or can it have like a character that lives in a nose or something like that? As long as the nose is the most important part of the image?

ultimaodin (Level 3 Corporate Drone) @ 11/28/2011 18:01

I need to focus on the mouth; going to do me san dan Glokta. =D

Chibiwing (Level 4 Deputy) @ 11/28/2011 16:30

Eyes are pretty and they have a defined shape as opposed to a nose or mouth.

Kravvon Nar'roth (Level 4 Ensign) @ 11/28/2011 13:08

I foresee a lot of 'eye close-ups' being entered in this challenge. Just saying...

surt (Level 11 Godfather) @ 11/28/2011 04:22

The human requirement is disappointing.

jeremy (Level 11 Special Agent) @ 11/28/2011 02:45

The largest portion of the body you're allowed is the bottom 2/3s of the head. But you should ideally zoom in on a particular feature/frame features interestingly.

Cilein (Level 5 Detective) @ 11/28/2011 02:33

So by 'at most' you meant 'at the least, it should be framed between the chin and the forehead'?

Chibiwing (Level 4 Deputy) @ 11/28/2011 02:24

Depending on my freetime I could do several or focus on one.  I rather like this challenge. : )

Mrmo Tarius (Level 10 Master Sniper) @ 11/28/2011 01:57

...unrestricted colors, eh? O_O

skamocore (Level 11 CEO) @ 11/28/2011 00:51

Yes, you could do that.

Chibiwing (Level 4 Deputy) @ 11/28/2011 00:41

So could this be a close up of a specific feature, like a nose, mouth, or eyes?  It sounds that way, but I wanna check.

This Week's Pixel Art

fox girl icon/pixelartJabbaholder icon/pixelartTazmanic icon/pixelartBlah blah icon/pixelart
Play party games with QuizBash app