Pixel Art Challenge: Seeing Diamonds

icon

Create an image within the diamond shaped canvas below.

Canvas Size - Use template:

Colours - Max 13.
Transparency - Required. Use only outside the template.
Animation - Optional.

Posted by jeremy @ 2/27/2012   |    32

Discussion

Graindolium (Level 3 Private Eye) @ 3/4/2012 20:54

Graindolium (Level 3 Private Eye) @ 3/4/2012 19:53

deadline - 4H

Voltali obscur (Level 9 Boss) @ 3/4/2012 08:46

I guess no one can blame you for that, especially when the french part is this much not accurate %)

Did i miss something about an update to the challenge?

baah (Level 2 Flatfoot) @ 3/4/2012 04:20

42 entries right now!

|||| (Level 8 Marshal) @ 3/3/2012 19:01

Why people be hatin' on this challenge?

Mrmo Tarius (Level 10 Master Sniper) @ 3/3/2012 18:48

Small (if unusual) canvas, unrestricted theme... what's there not to like? :)

jeremy (Level 11 Special Agent) @ 3/3/2012 16:35

'cos you're alone in thinking it boring? :L

9_6 (Level 1 Intern) @ 3/3/2012 10:50

Wtf is this why do so many people enter

Adarias (Level 11 Special Agent) @ 3/3/2012 06:30

My response was a knee-jerk  to the cursing, it was an overly aggressive reply to an overly aggressive statement.

I'd reply to Graindolium directly but I'd need help with the french - a few sentences I can piece together, but not a novel ;-).

baah (Level 2 Flatfoot) @ 3/3/2012 03:30

I think it's always a bad idea to change rules once they are given and people started to work with it... Anyway that's not a big flaw. Stay cool!

@Grain, you pointed that 13 = 6*2 + 1  =  7*2 - 1 but this is true of every odd number!

13=1+4+8 is a centered square number (ie diamond shaped square http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centered_square_number), 13 is a prime number, 13 appears in the Fibonacci sequence (1;1;2;3;5;8;13...), 13=3^2+2^2, 13 is the number of Archimedean polyhedrons,13 is the number of Catalan polyhedrons, 2^13 is a Mersenne prime...

Graindolium (Level 3 Private Eye) @ 3/1/2012 23:26

Adarias oui j'ai exposer mon avis sur le faite que j'aime l'imperfection , qui pourrais avoir une multitude de raison , si j'ai qualifier votre raisonnement d'artificiel c'était pour parler de l'aspect procédural déjà qui vous permet de justifier une erreur , mais ce n'était absolument pas pour vous critiquez , je ne voulais pas paraître agressif, vous avez tout à fait de bonne raison pour demander , je n'est rien contre , c'est une bonne raison que vous avez !

"sloppy, imprecise"  I am very   , je passe du temps et je prend du plaisir à graphé aussi je cherche à évoluer , mon art n'est pas baclé et il n'est pas impréci , ces notions sont propre à l'oeil de chacun , sans vous faire une version long de ce que j'ai à vous dire , je sais que vous n'ête pas mon amis et que je ne vous aime pas,

jeremy (Level 11 Special Agent) @ 3/1/2012 22:37

I don't know if it was intentional or not, but it really doesn't matter. There are 22 entries thus far, so it'd be unfair to make them change.

No need to get all insulty either :-I

Adarias (Level 11 Special Agent) @ 3/1/2012 21:34

Graindolium : I hugely doubt the person making the challenge deliberately chose a lopsided template.  Usually the challenges spell out pretty clearly what the purpose is, and since it's a mistake you'd hardly noticed unless you were looking for it, it's perfectly reasonable to assume that it was accidental.  In any case, it doesn't hurt to ask.  I'm working around the template shape, but it is a (completely unnecessary) nuissance.  If you can find even the smallest figment of a reason as to why the box not being symmetrical contributes to the challenge, I'll eat those words, but your reasons for wanting the form are equally or more artifical than any of the reasons someone would want a symmetrical/evenly distributable one.

Perhaps this lopsidedness does not bother you because your work is more or less about being sloppy, imprecise, and otherwise irregular, and with that being the case I can see why you would desire unlimited colors, but that does not justify throwing curses around when someone someone (or rather, five people, of whom I was the fourth) suggest reviewing the template.  It's also curious as to why someone who exercises so little restraint or discipline in his own work would be so aggressive in defending a small piece of a challenge.

Super17 (Level 7 Mass Murderer) @ 3/1/2012 19:25

I endorse to the change this to a "proper" diamond.

CPearson (Level 4 Murderer) @ 3/1/2012 19:11

It's not like they'll be disqualified.

Graindolium (Level 3 Private Eye) @ 3/1/2012 17:08

Adarias lol your reasoning is artificial, un-symmetry maybe accidental indeed , but is funny-cool , and there already 20 art-pixel submit ! l'art n'est pas fait pour être toujours parfait , cette asymétrie fait justement l'objet de condition unique , mais j'aurais aimé une limite de 70 colors , ce qui ne regarde que moi, ça serais domage de détruir un belle imprévus qui donne justement du sens à un challenge tout à fait bannale autrement !

Adarias (Level 11 Special Agent) @ 3/1/2012 16:49

Challenges get updated all the time.   It's not "bullshit" to double-check.

The symmetry issue appears like it may have been accidental rather than a planned part of the challenge, whereas the color limit is clearly intentional.

Graindolium (Level 3 Private Eye) @ 3/1/2012 16:30

°o°   what ? "challenge update" = bullshi_t!  then change colors = Min 13 plz , thank , and good night !

Adarias (Level 11 Special Agent) @ 3/1/2012 13:50

I would love to participate in a challenge for once - everything is right up my ally, but the rather pronounced asymmetry is a little too hard to ignore.  I can try to make it work, but I doubt making an alternate, symmetrical template of roughly equal area would be a huge issue?  'Would love to see the challenge updated with a true diamond.

tanuki (Level 1 Seaman) @ 2/29/2012 00:43

No, I just started and I've notice this. The tiny asymmetry is unsettling to me. >_>

Dusty (Level 3 Private Eye) @ 2/28/2012 17:04

I'll be honest, when I see the canvas the only thing I can see is the Playstation Logo.

Nevercreature (Level 9 Vice President) @ 2/28/2012 05:54

This "diamond" is not a perfect square, is it?

|||| (Level 8 Marshal) @ 2/27/2012 19:46

I'm digging this challenge.. I might enter If I can buy some time from my boss of sorts as of now.

philippejugnet (Level 6 Hitman) @ 2/27/2012 13:21

ahahahahahaha you make me laught a lot right now ^^

Super17 (Level 7 Mass Murderer) @ 2/27/2012 13:08

You can join in with as many entries as you wish.

orange08 (Level 3 Hatchikyu) @ 2/27/2012 12:41

Are we allowed to make 2 entries? (I'm guessing not)

Graindolium (Level 3 Private Eye) @ 2/27/2012 08:59

colors 13 = 6*2 + 1  =  7*2 - 1 ,

kevink (Level 2 Flatfoot) @ 2/27/2012 05:12

Why not make this a "rule" instead?

ultimaodin (Level 3 Corporate Drone) @ 2/27/2012 03:22

This idea cure! CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!!!!

jeremy (Level 11 Special Agent) @ 2/27/2012 02:24

Will be disappointed if Graindolium doesn't enter this one. It screams him to me for some reason...

cure (Level 11 Godfather) @ 2/27/2012 00:59

You can always create additional challenges for yourself. I'm thinking of trying diamond-shaped pixels (if I have the time for a challenge entry).

9_6 (Level 1 Intern) @ 2/27/2012 00:16

Well this is kinda... boring.

This Week's Pixel Art

Animal Girls icon/pixelartGaming in 2018 - Batch 1 icon/pixelartHoooooooo icon/pixelartFawlty Towers icon/pixelart
Play party games with QuizBash app