Empire Eden - Run N' Gun/RPG

icon

Empire Eden Project

PJer FlyGuy has launched a Kickstarter project with a fantastic preview video.

Gameplay is a Run N' Gun/ARPG set in a stylistic American Western meets CyberPunk theme that sounds crazy but visually works. Empire is an army oy cyborgs with robotic technology and gameplay looks fast and furious.

The player must master the spirits of wild animals and is a true player original. Minimal text, cinematic cutscenes and graphic novel look and feel makes this for one project that should succeed and looks great.

See the preview vid HERE

Posted by FlyGuy @ 3/1/2013 14:39  |    18

Discussion

Dickel (Level 5 Captain) @ 3/12/2013 09:00

this is contra? kkkkkkkk

Dickel (Level 5 Captain) @ 3/12/2013 09:00

this is god, browser game?

FlyGuy (Level 10 Capo) @ 3/10/2013 09:56

I've let people know the game is in development, and things are still being reworked. I figured it's probably not the best idea to tell people on the main kickstarter page that every image they see will be different. -- From an artists standpoint, I think people around these parts would understand that revision is a good thing (that things are being worked on and changed daily) .... but people who aren't familiar with the revision process might not trust that the new adjustments will match up to the previously shown mockups.

Damian (Level 9 Federal Agent) @ 3/10/2013 01:06

Thats fine, but you've never once mentioned this. Not even in your kickstarter.

FlyGuy (Level 10 Capo) @ 3/9/2013 21:37

This will not be the actual desert environment.. Just so everyone is clear, the art is referenced, color/style...not blatently copied. -- I put that screenshot together last minute to demonstrate different environments. I referenced one of my favorite desert scenes here on PJ by scruffs. -- The project is only 1 month old, so it'd be hard to even say it's in the infant stages. The immitation will be unnoticeable once it's completed. -- You can see that the clouds in that screenshot are not even linking up in the background, there is a large line where they're suppose to loop. (Just an example of how it's still early in development) --  Sorry if this offended anyone.. Had to put the video together by a certain date, so there were backgrounds/tiles that are incomplete.

Damian (Level 9 Federal Agent) @ 3/9/2013 15:52

Brought to your notice.

Damian (Level 9 Federal Agent) @ 3/9/2013 15:51

I agree with you Carnivac. I’ll add, inspiration should be nurtured into something that is uniquely your own. I don’t think this is applied here Flyguy, and it begs the question of whether scruffs has provided you permission to use his intellectual property.

Carnivac (Level 8 Shodan) @ 3/9/2013 01:09

Seems a bit too similar. At first glance I thought I was looking at the same game.

FlyGuy (Level 10 Capo) @ 3/3/2013 12:20

thanks a lot gecimen :)

Gecimen (Level 10 Maniac) @ 3/3/2013 10:19

pledged.

FlyGuy (Level 10 Capo) @ 3/3/2013 09:34

Thank you Luigi Mu. -- Thank you as well to the others who backed this project.

luigi_mu (Level 2 Hired Gun) @ 3/3/2013 09:19

@FlyGuy Yo, nice retro style game. Backed your project already ;D  Good luck man!

FlyGuy (Level 10 Capo) @ 3/2/2013 12:48

No better place to find inspiration than here. This site has raised me for 7 years, and I owe all of this project and future works to everyone here. That was the inspiration for that screen Jim16, and there are a lot more throughout the project in its current state... Vierbit and Slym were 2 of my biggest inspirations. They've helped me a lot and walked me through some steps of various backgrounds/tilesets. Thanks guys... At this point I just hope we make it to the funding goal. -- We need it for legal fees, musicians, marketing. -- But if we don't make the goal, this project won't die.. If anyone has any cool ideas to add, or would like to share some of their work and let me try to create my own thing from their idea, please send it my way.

Damian (Level 9 Federal Agent) @ 3/2/2013 11:50

Looks cool, some of it reminds me of scruffs work , which is in itself really inspiring. This one specifically reminds me of this.

K4T (Level 1 Rookie) @ 3/2/2013 03:19

I feel some Lion Heart inside this project ^^. Good one!

shampoop (Level 5 Killer Klown) @ 3/2/2013 02:45

Ninja gaiden meets castlevania with a fantasy twist(and an indian main character).  tasty!

GameBoy (Level 1 Depressed) @ 3/2/2013 02:23

That parallax backgrounds...

crozier (Level 6 Hitman) @ 3/1/2013 21:44

Good luck with this game! Visuals look great, and the music sounds cool too.

This Week's Pixel Art

Super mario bros 3 3D world fail icon/pixelartspace icon/pixelartKratos icon/pixelartMarge Simpson icon/pixelart