Legend of Iya on Kickstarter

icon

DarkfalzX's neverending project - Legend of Iya has been approved for Kickstarter.

You probably saw a bunch of art from the game as I've submitted it here before. If anyone is remotely interested in seeing this game finished - please support it, or at least tell your friends who might be interested.

Posted by DarkfalzX @ 7/12/2013 15:43  |    16

Discussion

Blackbeltdude (Level 7 Ichikyu) @ 7/18/2013 15:49

Yay!

I remember when I first got on to Pixel Joint, some of the first pieces I saw were yours. :) Your animations and backgrounds have always been super inspirational and I would love to see the game finished.

Backed!

Hapiel (Level 11 Admiral) @ 7/17/2013 03:07

Awesome, it seems like you are going to make it :D. Keep on promoting and good luck!

Squirrelsquid (Level 4 Shichikyu) @ 7/14/2013 18:41

I wish Kickstarter would work from germany... >.>; best of luck with the campaign !

neofotistou (Level 5 Captain) @ 7/14/2013 08:17

backed! :)) good luck!!!

Zizka (Level 10 Operative) @ 7/13/2013 18:44

I honestly hope you achieve your goal, you have such wonderful skill at pixeling.

Mrmo Tarius (Level 10 Master Sniper) @ 7/13/2013 18:06

Insta-backed! :D

Gengar (Level 4 Mercenary) @ 7/13/2013 15:53

Pledged $10 and voted for it on Steam. Looks super out of control beautiful. My only critique would be the huge dust clouds that form under Iya as she jumps. They're realy large and solid looking, and none of the environments even seem particularily dusty. I expect it would become distracting during gameplay. Really look forward to playing it though, the chaingun mammoth seems especially awesome.

DarkfalzX (Level 6 Hitman) @ 7/13/2013 10:32

|I like the speed of the girl, actually. It's refreshing to see from the normal quick running/ quick motion seen in most games.

Thank you! I was actually going for a more realistic motion with weight behind it. I timed people running at constant speed (as opposed to dashing through a short distance), and set the character speed to that. I also take a lot of care for her feet to stay planted on the ground and not slide around.

AlexHW (Level 5 Detective) @ 7/13/2013 10:08

Felix20 (Level 3 Hatchikyu) @ 7/13/2013 09:18

Looks very cool, backed

Gecimen (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 7/13/2013 07:30

backed!!!

Hapiel (Level 11 Admiral) @ 7/13/2013 04:48

Wonderful super smooth animation, great monster and environments design, for the pixel art part I surely hope for this to be finished!

As for the game, she seems to move kind of slow.. When I play platformers I want to rush around, and she stops in each step as if she is the incredible hulk! For me this was an immediate turn-off in the video..

Secondly, on the video, the first part was a bit impersonal... It felt like just another 'buy my game' vid, luckily there was a part where you talked as well. Sadly this bit did not catch my attention either! You made it sound like YOUR project that YOU need to finish.. 'I love this & Iove that'...
If you want people to back you up you need to convince them that THEY want this game! That THEY will love this game! You go over all the features but fail to present them in such a way that I get excited...

I really hope you get this finished, and the pixel art is top-notch...  So far some money is rolling in, if that stops: Concider a new video!
Good luck :)

surt (Level 11 Godfather) @ 7/13/2013 03:13

Eeesh. $50 bucks is steep for beta entry.

ErekT (Level 3 Hatchikyu) @ 7/13/2013 03:00

This looks terrific. The animations are pretty wild. Well, all of it is really. Now get it done :)

RedAlchemy (Level 1 Jukyu) @ 7/12/2013 22:15

DarkFazX, I have to say I believe in your dream.  Your artwork is beautiful and this game deserves to be created. Although, for now all I can offer is my small contribution to your game and the best of wishes. I hope your work continues unhindered and for great success in your Kickstarter campaign. Good Luck!

EdJr (Level 9 Nidan) @ 7/12/2013 16:22

*0*

This Week's Pixel Art

Pot Noble icon/pixelartEspace Invader remake. icon/pixelartthree little maids icon/pixelartGray Fox icon/pixelart
Play party games with QuizBash app