Midora

icon

Midora, an upcoming action-adventure game with nostalgic roots, needs your help!

Midora, a 2D 100% pixel art action-adventure game by Epic Minds, is currently on Indiegogo and needs your help! We are looking for $60,000 to fund the game and offers pretty cool rewards in exchange, including physical rewards as well as giving you the opportunity to create for the game! The campaign also has stretch goals involving donating to charity Water.org

Pixel art from the game was made by a fellow pixel artist Zhi. You can check out the campaign on Indiegogo here.
The gameplay video as well as a public demo for Windows and Mac users will be available in a few weeks!
If you consider donating thank you and if not, you can always share and spread the word, for it helps just as much!

Posted by Mhyre @ 11/18/2013 17:00  |    12

Discussion

Mhyre (Level 2 Petty Officer) @ 11/28/2013 09:30

We have a playable demo coming next week, so that should show some development hopefully. The video is something else entirely, but I'll try to make one and explain the project if I can.

Thank you for your comments everyone!

Adarias (Level 11 Special Agent) @ 11/27/2013 10:50
You guys are so good but you NEED a video asap.  People assume (no matter how wrongly) that you have only made what they can see.  If it doesn't move, they will think you've barely started development and aren't committed to the campaign.

FIX DIS!

My next paycheck I will likely chip in.

VinceBetteridge (Level 1 Intern) @ 11/22/2013 07:54

It might not be to late to increase interest in this project greatly. Have you all considered making a video? It is a lot easier to share your product both as a news reporter and as an average person if there is a video to link to and embed around the net.

I love everything about this game and hope you guys succeed.

EDIT: After reading your indiegogo more closely I see you have already thought of this. The sooner you can get it out the better. :3

FinoRaptor (Level 3 Hatchet Man) @ 11/21/2013 21:30

man it's AMAZING!, the Zelda influence is obvious and that's great man! I couldn't comment on your indiegogo campaign, but this has to be made, I hope people is going to throw money at your campaign, the game it's beautiful and the music too... I want to see the trailer already :B

Kaiseto (Level 6 Made) @ 11/21/2013 20:50

Looks like a Zelda clone. The world needs more games in the mold of Zelda that aren't actually Zelda (I say this in all seriousness - there are only so many times you can revisit Hyrule before you start to yearn for something in a similar genre that has it's own unique story and characters).

Pledged 50 bucks. Hope you guys get funded.

aeveis (Level 5 Sniper) @ 11/21/2013 02:17

good luck, it looks really good!

Ellian (Level 8 Partner) @ 11/19/2013 10:20

Well, good luck, you deserve some visibility that's for sure! :)

Mhyre (Level 2 Petty Officer) @ 11/19/2013 08:59

I had no choice in the matter. Kickstarter campaigns require you to have a US credit card and a US address. Some non-US companies often setup subsidiaries I think to access Kickstarter, but in my case that was impossible since our company is not ready yet. We don't have the funds to be able to all meet in the same place, and I can't setup the company in France for government/economic issues.

Indiegogo is not that bad, but I guess I will have to work some more on the marketing to be seen!

skittle (Level 9 Nidan) @ 11/19/2013 08:32

Wow, that's incredibly lame. They should expand kickstarter to make it more excessable for more countries and people. It would probably pull in a lot more projects too.

Ellian (Level 8 Partner) @ 11/19/2013 08:20

Apparently, they're french...
We're not allowed to create Kickstarters project - at least as far as I'm aware; It's supposed to be country based or something.

skittle (Level 9 Nidan) @ 11/19/2013 07:42

This better get funded. I'm just curious to why indiegogo over kickstarter.

jalonso (Level 11 Godfather) @ 11/19/2013 07:28

The art is so terrific. I hope this gets made.

This Week's Pixel Art

Elite for Gameboy icon/pixelartBreath of The Wild Sprites icon/pixelartDay 09 - Polaroid icon/pixelartPlatformer 2 icon/pixelart
Play party games with QuizBash app