Top Pixel Art - November 2013

icon

The following pixel artists produced Pixel Joint's top rated pixel art for November 2013. Many thanks go out to this month's top pixel artists and all the members who took time to rate.

#1 Pixel ArtMenagerie by Jinn

Posted by Gecimen @ 12/15/2013 13:27  |    12

Discussion

Stava (Level 8 Rear Admiral) @ 12/17/2013 21:17

Thanks Jinn :- )

@Jalonso sorry..

Jinn (Level 11 Godfather) @ 12/17/2013 18:22

Hey pal, don't feel that way, you totally deserved that trophy!

I'm also shocked by the fact that my piece passed a lot of awesome pieces, including not just one but two Fool's (which is o'concur for me), and thats not an easy thing! I guess sometimes people like things that we are not totally proud of for diferent reasons (at least for me, cuz I'd totally change and polish my piece quite a LOT by looking at it now), but I think thats fine! Just keep doing your best and we'll keep admiring your stuff! ;)

jalonso (Level 11 Godfather) @ 12/17/2013 14:09

whaaaaaaaaa? We would never modify or 'fix' any Top10 piece. This is based on PJers votes and rates and we have nothing to do with cept posting them.

Not every month seems right to everyone and sometimes some pieces make it that you think should not but it is what it turned out to be.

To me, 2 pieces here don't belong in the gallery much less the Top10 : /

Carnivac (Level 8 Shodan) @ 12/17/2013 12:13

most of us do.  I mean look down on our own art, not us all looking down at yours... You're very good.  Even though you do a lot of one of the things that bugs me (rpg-like eyefaces on larger sprites) your technique, style and colour choices are generally superb.  Hell of a lot better and more productive than me, that's for damn sure.

Stava (Level 8 Rear Admiral) @ 12/17/2013 11:57

Oh sorry!

It's just that I was really surprised to get 3rd place, I didn't feel like I deserved it. so when I saw you talking about some piece being controversal it felt like you're talking about mine. :- )

Maybe I look down on my art too much hehe

Carnivac (Level 8 Shodan) @ 12/17/2013 11:48

wha?  No not yours.  Despite how bored I am with that sort of palette and how much I dislike Nintendo these days, your piece is very high quality.  I meant number 5.  Read the comments on that piece and you'll see what I mean about controversy.

Stava (Level 8 Rear Admiral) @ 12/17/2013 11:03

If you mean my piece that got 3rd place..

I really don't know how it rised to 3rd place, I didn't even expect it to be in monthly top, I think it was 5th or 4th before monthly top cleared, and I got only like 2 or 3 favs after it was gone from gallery..

I agree Fools piece definitely deserves 3rd place more than mine, but I'm pretty sure the statue all the way to right was updated quite some time after he posted the piece, that might be reason it didn't get enough rates.

edit:

I don't really care about the award, if mods feel like "fixing" it and switching my and Fools place, I'm totally fine with that. :- )

Carnivac (Level 8 Shodan) @ 12/17/2013 06:30

Congrats to most of the winners but there seems to be quite a controversial one in there.

Baianinho (Level 1 Rookie) @ 12/16/2013 07:09

Obrigado senhor! DEUS é fiel!

Carnivac (Level 8 Shodan) @ 12/16/2013 04:58

seriously?

Jinn (Level 11 Godfather) @ 12/15/2013 23:30

What a nice surprise! Thanks guys!

skittle (Level 9 Nidan) @ 12/15/2013 15:33

Congrats to Jinn and everyone else! Especially Fool and Stava for getting two trophies!

This Week's Pixel Art

Jackal Avatar icon/pixelartGrug the Mighty icon/pixelartOstrich Knight icon/pixelartBroilers and Bluffs icon/pixelart
Play party games with QuizBash app