Pixel Art Challenge: Lipstick Figure

icon

Create a headshot portrait using only these ten colours taken from L'Oréal's lipstick range. It can be a portrait of any person you want; Barack Obama, your hairdresser, an original character, etc...

Optional Bonus Challenge - Use all of the colours!

Canvas Size - Max 90 x 90.
Colours - Min 6; max 10.
Transparency - No.
Animation - Optional.

Posted by skamocore @ 9/22/2014   |    10

Discussion

andrae (Level 1 Rookie) @ 9/26/2014 04:40

Tick the "Submit to weekly challenge" check box above the submit button when submitting a new piece. If you forgot to tick it, I think you should resubmit it.

Doctor Foxmeat (Level 1 Rookie) @ 9/25/2014 14:12

Thanks for the help! Got it done! Now, where exactly do I submit? Sorry again for being such a noob here. I just don't wanna screw things up.

Evidence (Level 3 Corporate Drone) @ 9/25/2014 11:20

How can i compite against all these entries  ? lol. I dont know how to do a portrait face like without a reference u.u

7heSama (Level 1 Rookie) @ 9/23/2014 18:30

The fuck is up with that wikipedia article?

"a specific type of portrait [...] that realistically demonstrates a person's appearance" (emphasis mine)

"A modern portrait for today's branding, casting and social media needs."

The shills got to it.

Also, robots aren't people? Tell it to the Bicentennial Man.

skittle (Level 9 Nidan) @ 9/23/2014 14:33

Hey! I definitely don't speak for everyone on here, but what I assume most peeps do is just copy the image of the palette directly to their program of choice.

I'd recommend you going with GIMP or GraphicsGale, both are free but you have the option to pay for GraphicsGale to get some bonus stuff.

Doctor Foxmeat (Level 1 Rookie) @ 9/23/2014 13:21

Hey guys, SUPER new here. I really want to join this challenge but I don't even know how to get these colors on my pallette. How do you guys do it/what programs do you guys sprite on?

skamocore (Level 11 CEO) @ 9/22/2014 17:02

Nah, robots aren't people. You don't have to use all the colours.

skittle (Level 9 Nidan) @ 9/22/2014 15:07

Do robots count? (I know it says potrait of any person, but robot's would be cool too :'( )

Really hard to not create an eyeburn affect with this pallete.

Gecimen (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 9/22/2014 08:07

any person you want = Barack Obama

|||| (Level 8 Marshal) @ 9/22/2014 04:01

The palette instantly made me want to pixel.

This Week's Pixel Art

Starbucks Gal icon/pixelartArm of the Yeaarth Father icon/pixelartPixelSelf icon/pixelartHarley Quinn Mermaid icon/pixelart
Play party games with QuizBash app