It's time once again for the Academy of Interactive Arts and Sciences to call for submissions for Into the Pixel, its annual traveling showcase of game concept and production artwork.
The exhibition turns 12 this year, and will see its debut at the E3 Expo on June 16th before traveling to industry events like PAX, SXSW, and the D.I.C.E. Summit.
Artists interested in participating can submit their work for consideration via the Into the Pixel website from now through April 10th.
Entries will once again be judged by the following jury of professionals from both within and without the game industry:
- Bob Rafei, Big Red Button Entertainment, Founder, CEO and Visual Director
- Glenn Phillips, Getty Research Institute, Curator, Modern & Contemporary Collections
- Jon Gibson, iam8bit, Founder and Partner
- Matt Hall, Amazon Game Studios/Double Helix, Senior Concept Artist
- Nora Dolan, Independent Curator
- Patricia Lanza, The Annenberg Space for Photography, Director of Talent and Content
- Seth Spaulding, Blizzard Entertainment, Senior Art Manager
Last year's exhibit spanned artists from Vlambeer to Valve, encompassing art from games like Tengami, Dota 2 and Luftrausers.