The latest collection of PJer finds, creations and other stuff.
• Vanmall's Pixel Art Tutorials is a series of tutorials for making (mostly) isometric pixel art. It covers the basics, to more complex structures. Good to practice already existing skills. Found by Lone Scout
• This massive pixel art tutorial is written by fil_razorback from LesForges.org. You can find the original tutorials here. Archived and translated into English from the French original by OpenGameArt.org. Found by 8 Bit Dreams
• Isoblox - an isometric pixel art tool project ("isoblox") Hosted by SourceForge.net is a cross-platform sprite-based pseudo-3D isometric pixel art modeling aid. Written in 100% BlitzMax. Found by 8 Bit Dreams
• TreebuildPR and his Pixel Art enthusiast team was tinkering with a 3D Printable Pixel Art Creator app, and wants your feedback on the user experience. Here is the beta version. All artwork made can be exported, saved or sent to be 3D Printed.
• Curses N Chaos from Tribute Games—the team behind Wizorb and Mercenary Kings—have a really fun monster-battling 2D game on the way in the form of Curses N Chaos. The latest story trailer arrived recently, and it does a particularly solid job of showcasing the game's wonderful pixel art. www.youtube.com/watch or www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2015/03/05/video-curses-n-chaos-story-trailer-showcases-fantastic-pixel-art. Found by 8 Bit Dreams
• Pixels The Movie -Trailer. This summer, it's game on or game over! When aliens misinterpret video feeds of classic arcade games as a declaration of war, they attack the Earth in the form of the video games.Found by pavanz
• Some WIPs of DOOM sprites, showing how they were created is HERE and with lesser content HERE are WIPs for DOOM2. Found by Jinn
• 1x1 is now funded and taking pre orders. 1x1 is a box of self-adhesive stickers that are designed to stick on almost any surface. Now you can showcase your favorite pixel art anywhere. You can add small scale art on binders, text books and tablets--or go larger and decorate your wall. Found by 8 Bit Dreams
• Kazuko Shibuya Interview. She has worked as a designer at Square since 1986. Designer of both Final Fantasy and Romancing SaGa. The occasion for this interview was her graphic design for the “Final Fantasy ~Thanks~” tribute album, in which she created 16-bit pixel work for characters from the entire series. Found by 8 Bit Dreams
Fix Blurred Pixels and More!
PJs Expansion Pack mostly created by skeddles and Yanrishatum but also includes other addons found by PJers.
Addons for Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera and Canary.
OPP is back and better than ever. Join the fun!
As always if you find interesting pixel related things to post in the next
Pixelpourri StrayPixels (may have to be renamed 8 Bit Dreams) then send in as news or PM jalonso with details. We edit and fix all typos so don't be shy.