The latest collection of PJer finds, creations and other stuff.
16 Color Palette Comp ends this Wednesday post HERE before deadline. CLOSED!
• Heroine's Quest The Heralf of Ragnarok - Is a fan made homage to old Sierra point & click games, Quest For Glory in specific. And the best news? It's FREE!!! Zero monies!!! Nada moolah! Ziltch samolians! All of Canada's treasury reserves! Found by greenraven
• Boss Monster is another strategy card game that will probably make you busy. There are numerous similar games already but only a few can capture a true geek's attention. The indie card game has finally arrived on Android, ready to challenge players to become the ultimate villains. This dungeon-building card game can make the players become video game bosses. Who doesn't want to become a boss at least once in his lifetime? Found by 8 Bit Dreams
• (Previously Posted) Drift Stage is a modern evolution of the classic arcade racer - an homage to the culture, cars and games of the 80s and 90s. Further information on this project can be found on their official website or on their social medias, like Tumblr, Facebook or Twitter. Found by Naji
• Voxel Builder is an open source tool that lets anyone design and edit 3D voxel (cube) models easily, right in their web browser. Found by 8 Bit Dreams
• GifCam has a nice idea where the app works like a camera that stays on top of all windows so you can move it and resize it to record your desired area. When you’re ready, just click a button to start recording. Found by Jinn
• If game development is one of your hobbies, chances are you've heard of the sound effect generator LabChirp, which easily lets you synthesize old-school or modern sounding tones and noises. Regardless of your previous awareness, it might excite you to know that this tool recently got a substantial update with many new features. A feature list and changlelog can be found the download page. Check out LabChirp v1.25! Found by Schoq
• PIXEL is an LED display for pixel art. Simply select the art from PIXEL's free apps on your Android, PC, Mac, or Raspberry Pi. After that, PIXEL runs in stand alone mode with no device connection necessary. Or leave your device connected and use PIXEL in interactive mode for things like Twitter feeds, interactive GIFs using the optional proximity sensor, and camera video phone feeds. Pixelart contributions from many PJers (see the list). Found by 8 Bit Dreams
• Retronator's No Bullshit Pixel Art Tutorial A basic introduction to pixel art, featuring tips, tools, and techniques for beginners who are new to the medium. More tutorials at the bottom of his post. Found by Lone Scout
• Three new tutorials for pixelart on Photoshop by skeddles recently added.
Animation is HERE, Lines is HERE and Multiple Views HERE. Found by jalonso
• Cinematography-The Incredibles: An in-depth study of cinematography, character design, backgrounds, and animation techniques that is very useful for all art fields. Recommended for aspiring animators and directors. Found by Lone Scout
• Bricktown is a young brand was created in 2014 by Samuel David Benainous. The special feature of Bricktown: the highlighting of pixel art. - Original is French, Google English translation: Link. Found by 8 Bit Dreams
• The GBG-8 (Gameboy printer gun) built by artist Dmitry Morozov is so awesome and you'll want to check this out HERE. Found by 8 Bit Dreams
• Another Post-it Pixel Office - HERE. With the help of his co-workers and the OK from his boss, 31-year-old Ben Brucker transformed the walls into a pixelated superhero-themed mural with Post-it notes. Found by 8 Bit Dreams
• Powerhoof Studio, is currently developing Crawl, a pixelart multiplayer dungeon crawler, has posted a video prototyping the animation of a hero attacking with an axe HERE. Found by dragfly
• 8Bit Hinge: HackPuts Netflix on Original Nintendo. Their latest 'hack day' is a fun one you'll want to check out HERE. Found by 8 Bit Dreams
• Last month we posted an srticle about Susan Kare (the first pixelartist) with some of her icon designs and sketchbooks. The MOMA has purchased her designs for their permanent collection finally legitimizing pixelart as an art medium read about it HERE . You can see gallery pics HERE. Found by 8 Bit Dreams
Fix Blurred Pixels and More!
PJs Expansion Pack mostly created by skeddles and Yanrishatum but also includes other addons found by PJers.
Addons for Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera and Canary.
OPP is back and better than ever. Join the fun!
As always, if you find interesting pixel related things to post in the next StrayPixels send in as news or PM jalonso with details. We edit and fix all typos so don't be shy.