Pixel Art Challenge: Deluxe Chess Set

icon

1. e4 g5 2. d4 f6?? 3. Qh5#

Haha, fools mate!

Challenge your friends with your very own custom designed chess set! All 6 classic chess pieces must be featured: pawn, rook, knight, bishop, queen, and king.

Canvas Size - Each piece must be no larger than 32 x 128. Size does not include optional labels and background decorations. Total canvas size unrestricted.
Colors - Max 16.
Transparency - Optional.
Animation - Optional.

Posted by Mandrill @ 7/3/2017 09:51  |    12

Discussion

pyrometal (Level 8 Guerrilla) @ 7/9/2017 17:09

Sure The way I see it, you are only exceeding the minimum requirements. Some users have already produced black variations of their own sets.

MrHai (Level 2 Flatfoot) @ 7/9/2017 16:54

Can more than one set be featured in the same piece?

Theoden (Level 6 SWAT) @ 7/4/2017 12:22

Sounds great, hope I can find time for this.

upper0 (Level 2 Corporal) @ 7/3/2017 23:59

Good idea, I have long wanted to draw a similar

Jinn (Level 11 Godfather) @ 7/3/2017 20:24

Must find time! :C

ParkerBabyDiaperCompany (Level 4 Team Leader) @ 7/3/2017 15:01

I like chess.

pyrometal (Level 8 Guerrilla) @ 7/3/2017 13:36

Chess pieces based on existing characters and etc are fine

The count is off likely due to one of us mods deleting a spam comment (I am guessing).

Eggy (Level 4 Deputy) @ 7/3/2017 12:22

Can the pieces be based on existing things? As in if I based my pieces on, say, several Pokemon (like Charmander as a pawn) or if I depicted an existing character as a chess piece (for instance Wreck-it Ralph as a rook), would that be fine? I had a quick idea of having chess pieces that are modelled after existing characters but I just wanna make sure if such is allowed.

Also where's the third comment? The number beside the speech bubble says "4" (was 3 before I posted) but one comment appears to be missing

Mandrill (Level 8 Partner) @ 7/3/2017 11:48

Creative scenes are allowed. Just make sure that each individual piece is at least featured once without it being obscured by another piece.

Hapiel (Level 11 Admiral) @ 7/3/2017 10:36

Each piece a size limit... does that mean that one can't feature the pieces in a creative scene, but they have to be displayed one by one?

This Week's Pixel Art

Maruki Yearbook Pic icon/pixelartSyrinx sniper icon/pixelartEarthbound crew SGB Palette icon/pixelartWoolie the Mammoth icon/pixelart
Play party games with QuizBash app