Pixel Art Challenge: 0° 45° 90°

icon

Don't worry. You don't have to be good at math for this.

For this week I want you to pixel a piece that solely consists of 0°, 45° and 90° lines which basically means that you can only pixel straight lines. Heaven for all you AA haters out there.
There is no overall theme given. You can go crazy and pixel whatever you want.

Canvas Size - Max. 250x250
Colors - Max. 16.
Transparency - Optional.
Animation - Optional.

Posted by Mandrill @ 1/29/2018 05:03  |    11

Discussion

fkbm (Level 2 Kukyu) @ 2/5/2018 00:28

This has been a fun challenge. :)

[edit]:

I just realized. I tried applying the DawnBringer's 16 colour palette, as a test, on the image and I noticed 6 errors :(

Doppleganger (Level 6 Yonkyu) @ 2/3/2018 19:07

So you can use vertically stacked 2 pixel width lines to create iso lines/shapes?

I feel like there is a ton of wiggle room to avoid the restrictions entirely. Only restriction i'm really seeing is that the lines themselves have to be deliberate, and any sort of fills need to not have single pixels that don't form a line themselves.

I guess there's still challenge in that, but the rules are a lot more intimidating/seemingly restrictive than they actually are.

Mandrill (Level 8 Partner) @ 1/31/2018 05:42

You can tell your lawyer that as long as a1 pixel long line is connected to another 1 pixel long line and doesn't appear as a single pixel I'm fine with it.

tomic (Level 11 Admiral) @ 1/30/2018 15:20

any restrictions concerning the length of your "lines"?

what i'm driving at: me and my lawyers are pretty confident that the rules allow pieces that consist of up to 62.500 lines that are exactly 1 pixel long, each :)

i just needa know before i start

SoloSalsero (Level 1 Intern) @ 1/29/2018 15:28

Hi. I have submitted my piece for this challenge. Please have it on mind. Thank you

Mandrill (Level 8 Partner) @ 1/29/2018 12:26

Yep, fat pixels are ok though.

Renard888 (Level 1 Rookie) @ 1/29/2018 12:08

We cant use single pixels right?

DieMango (Level 6 Made) @ 1/29/2018 09:42

OMG back to my roots i guess :D

cure (Level 11 Godfather) @ 1/29/2018 09:21

This is not a cat with a pipe (and a tophat)

^ptoing

fkbm (Level 2 Kukyu) @ 1/29/2018 05:36

I think @Koyot1222 also has a very good chance. Problem is only lines... Technically lines can be made out of two pixels. Stretching the notion it can be even one, but I'm sure that's agains the rules. Fillers can also be done with mutliple adjacent lines.

Hapiel (Level 11 Admiral) @ 1/29/2018 05:07

Good luck Mrmo, Tomic and Manupix!

This Week's Pixel Art

[OC] Attack Animation icon/pixelartCommunist icon/pixelartcharacter icon/pixelartRoboi The Communist Robot icon/pixelart