Pixel Art Challenge: Gods & Goddesses

Almost every culture on this planet has developed their own distinctive mythology. From Norse warriors over Greek mythical creatures to Egyptian gods. There are enough fantastical entities to fill libraries with stories about them.

This week, I want you to depict one of these beings. You can even go for folklore creatures from your own region.

Canvas Size - Max. 150x150
Colors - Max. 16.
Transparency - Optional.
Animation - Optional.

Posted by Mandrill @ 2/26/2018 04:33  |    10

Eggy (Level 4 Deputy) @ 2/28/2018 12:44

Cool, thanks

Mandrill (Level 8 Partner) @ 2/28/2018 12:14

The headline only makes for a catchy title... and is a reference to one of Brant Bjork's best albums btw.

The description counts. ;)

Eggy (Level 4 Deputy) @ 2/28/2018 11:03

So as of now, the title and description confuse me... Is it strictly tied to deities (basically actual gods, like Zeus and Hades and such) or can I also depict, for example, changelings and the Bunyip? As the title clearly says "Gods and goddesses" while the description mentions mythical/folklore creatures and warriors, so I'm not sure anymore what counts and what doesn't.

oskodos (Level 1 Private) @ 2/27/2018 14:40

This is a really cool challenge. I might submit something for this.

Eggy (Level 4 Deputy) @ 2/27/2018 01:34

Man, I'm tempted to depict one of my favorite mythological creatures from Slavic mythology. Perhaps I could try something for this week but I'll see :)

PotatoGnome (Level 3 Corporate Drone) @ 2/26/2018 08:37

thats not what i meant, im asking about gods thats doesnt appear in a mythology

EDIT : Ok thanks mandrill

Mandrill (Level 8 Partner) @ 2/26/2018 08:37

@ potato

Sure, go ahead. I'd like to see what you come up with.

No restrictions at all. Sprites, scenes, portraits; everything goes.

Gecimen (Level 10 Maniac) @ 2/26/2018 08:28

This made me want to draw Anubis.

Any restriction on scene/sprite?

Gecimen (Level 10 Maniac) @ 2/26/2018 08:25

Well which gods actually exist in the first place?

PotatoGnome (Level 3 Corporate Drone) @ 2/26/2018 05:14

Can we depict a god that doesnt really ""exist"" but is inspired from another ?

This Week's Pixel Art

Characters icon/pixelartsleepy icon/pixelarttree icon/pixelartHarvest icon/pixelart