Pixel Art Challenge: Hello, my name is...

icon

This week is a little different! I don't want you to pixel a sprite or portrait, no. I want you to put your calligraphy skills to the test.

Pixel your PJ handle with the coolest and freakiest font you can imagine. Letters made out of bone and flesh, liquid or metal parts, everything goes.

Canvas Size - 100 pixels (hight) x unrestricted (width)
Colors - Max. 12.
Transparency - Optional.
Animation - Optional.

Posted by Mandrill @ 4/16/2018 04:55  |    14

Discussion

tomic (Level 11 Admiral) @ 4/18/2018 16:36

you're save. not gonna enter, no time. just doodling to fill the forum thread :)

skeddles (Level 11 Psychopath) @ 4/17/2018 14:24

If tomic or frost enter we've already lost

also the height thing was a good idea

also ive tried to do this many times and always failed, but im gonna try again

tomic (Level 11 Admiral) @ 4/17/2018 13:50

Animation is optional so you can still do a scroll-text :)

Mandrill (Level 8 Partner) @ 4/17/2018 09:30

Mr.Hai's idea is pretty good. The restrictions have been altered.

Glad you like it! Thanks irena

ParkerBabyDiaperCompany (Level 4 Team Leader) @ 4/16/2018 21:53

Good thing I never enter challenges. My name is too long.

|||| (Level 8 Marshal) @ 4/16/2018 15:34

Oh wow.. This one is really tempting.

Hapiel (Level 11 Admiral) @ 4/16/2018 15:18

Hahaha, I don't remember that! That's a loooong time ago!

pyrometal (Level 8 Guerrilla) @ 4/16/2018 13:49

This is so timely, I was just thinking of doing this as a splash intro for my game project! I'm in

tomic (Level 11 Admiral) @ 4/16/2018 13:15

dejavu:

MrHai (Level 2 Flatfoot) @ 4/16/2018 08:14

To solve the issue with long names, couldn't you just say max 100 pixels high, and let the width be unlimited (or simply large)?

Irenaart (Level 6 SWAT) @ 4/16/2018 07:31

Wow!! This sounds pretty appealing to me. I can't resist... I have to try. Great weekly, Mandrill!!!

PixelDust (Level 6 Serial Killer) @ 4/16/2018 07:27

I'd have to agree with Eishiya I gives an unnecessary disadvantage especially to those whose PJ handle is one long word, which they cant realistically break up into two or three lines

eishiya (Level 5 Detective) @ 4/16/2018 06:13

I feel like the fixed canvas size unfairly disadvantages people with longer names, who'd have to have smaller letters to fit their name. Maybe people with more than 10 letters in their name could have some extra per-letter space, just in case they really don't want to break it up into multiple rows?

(I'm probably just inventing this issue. I've got a short name myself.)

Zephyrrite (Level 5 Sniper) @ 4/16/2018 06:01

Does anyone know of tips/tutorials on how to make a stunning text logo? I've been searching for quite a while with no success.

This Week's Pixel Art

It's Ok, I'm Ok, I'm... icon/pixelartLoco López icon/pixelartRock icon/pixelartNecromancer icon/pixelart