The friends of Ringo Ishikawa - Now on Steam!

icon

Hello, PJ!

On May 17th a game for which I produced pixel art over nearly 2 years was released on Steam - "The friends of Ringo Ishikawa". I was mainly responsible for  the static graphics, including locations/levels, item icons, UI, and Steam cards.

If I were to start over work on the project today I would draw certain game assets differently such as the trees and bushes for example. Anyway I'm glad that the game is finished and released and that people can now play it. Frankly speaking this is my first big game on Steam, and I want share it with PJ! I would appreciate any feedback you may have, especially in the area of the game's art.

Get it on Steam here!

Fight Scene

Sincerely, Artem Belov / Wedmak2.

Posted by Wedmak @ 5/30/2018 23:43  |    5

Discussion

GoodyPundit (Level 1 Intern) @ 6/6/2018 04:19

Man, the pixel art look sooo dope!! I always love the simplicity of retro art!
Good joob

(I'm not in the capacity of critizing, but if the gif is the final build, I notice some blocky square cloud unlike the other because I keep starring this gif over and over XD )

Wedmak (Level 1 Seaman) @ 6/6/2018 00:20

Thanks for the feedback guys! So may be I will post some game graphics on PJ - there're plenty assets that I may to show.

About "post-mortem" or "making of'. English isn't my native tongue as you can see, and it's still hard for me but I will try to make some text :)

JerryPie (Level 11 Godfather) @ 6/5/2018 11:52

Wow the background art in some screenshots is really outstanding.

Jin9310 (Level 2 Flatfoot) @ 6/5/2018 10:53

Great Job! This is very inspiring for everyone that want's to hit the path of gamedev. Would love to hear some 'post-mortem' or 'making of' ;)

Holmik (Level 1 Rookie) @ 6/5/2018 01:11

This game is awesome. Art, fighting system, story, dialogues create so cool atmosphere. Great job!

This Week's Pixel Art

Just a normal night icon/pixelartcity icon/pixelartPlumbing Plumbers icon/pixelartSodaboi icon/pixelart
Play party games with QuizBash app