Pixel Art Challenge: The Change

icon

Former challenge winner and top-notch pixel artist Fleja2003 has a great weekly for you!

Every person has a character arc. With time, experiences, or better understanding we all change as a person someway. Pixel a drawing that tells a story of this change in a way that is meaningful to you.

Canvas Size - Unrestricted.
Colors - Max. 16
Transparency - Optional.
Animation - Optional.

Posted by Mandrill @ 7/30/2018 04:32  |    8

Discussion

Lehmure (Level 5 Captain) @ 8/5/2018 18:38

Oh my that's a great theme indeed. Too bad i only saw this now. :(

Veli (Level 4 Ensign) @ 8/1/2018 02:25

Thats a great theme. Hope I'll have enough time for this

Fleja2003 (Level 6 SWAT) @ 7/30/2018 14:21

oh sorry, well when I was writing this idea, I meant for it to be about "you".

and its exactly what it sounds like "in some way that is meaningful to you" meaning draw something that has meaning to yourself in your change.
For example, maybe you draw a turtle coming out of its shell as an allegory to yourself.
Or maybe you draw a shattered face to show a progressing uncertainty of that's what you're feeling. I wanted this idea to be specific enough to have a meaningful theme, but vague enough to give people creative space

It can be anything that shows your progression as a person is how I meant it. Hope that explains it. But if that's too abstract that's fine

[Also thanks Mandrill for posting my contest theme entry]

FoxTurtle (Level 4 Mercenary) @ 7/30/2018 11:16

Can this depict a change in any character/person, or is this supposed to be of myself? The "in a way that is meaningful to you" line is a bit confusing to me.

ParkerBabyDiaperCompany (Level 4 Team Leader) @ 7/30/2018 08:16

I like that we're getting challenges from winners again.

eishiya (Level 6 SWAT) @ 7/30/2018 07:20

"Former challenge winner" makes it sound like Fleja's never going to win again D8 Maybe "Recent challenge winner"?

This Week's Pixel Art

Maruki Yearbook Pic icon/pixelartBig cat icon/pixelartNight Owl icon/pixelartsea witch icon/pixelart
Play party games with QuizBash app