Pixel Art Challenge: Historic Fire

icon

Notre Dame Catheral, one of the most famous landmarks on the world is on fire at the moment. So this week, we want you to draw a piece that involves a building (landmark or not) on fire (scene, mockup, sprite, etc.) in memory of landmarks that are no more.

Canvas Size - Max. 116 x 163 (horizontal or vertical)
Colours - Max. 16
Transparency - Optional.
Animation - Optional.

Posted by Gecimen @ 4/15/2019 13:24  |    11

Discussion

Gecimen (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 4/24/2019 17:36

When 3 entries are made.

TOOM (Level 2 Flatfoot) @ 4/23/2019 05:30

When will this challenge be finishing up?

Gecimen (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 4/22/2019 02:37

Ahh I didn't know that. So I just used it literally.

Thommy (Level 2 Peon) @ 4/21/2019 15:33

I don't think there is anything objectively wrong or offensive with your challenge and I don't mean to speak for anyone but as a community of artists, we're obviously all dealing with the fire in our own way and some like it was a personal loss. I know I'm still reeling.

I think this chalenge is a nice tribute :)

|||| (Level 8 Marshal) @ 4/21/2019 10:45

Hello, I understand.

Cure put it perfectly that the title was irreverent. It's a a hip hop term for a really good party.

I don't mind the challenge itself, but I am glad the title was changed. Thank you for the consideration.

Gecimen (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 4/20/2019 17:30

Ah sorry for the language. I was actually sad while writing the challenge, but if it sounded like I'm mocking up I apologize. As Adarias mentioned English is not my first language, and I don't know what may have sounded wrong.

Adarias (Level 11 Special Agent) @ 4/19/2019 18:35

I want to clarify that this came from a sincere and meaningful place, and that any percieved irreverence was unintended.  English is not the first language for most of our mods, and we don't have the bandwidth to proofread every post, especially for subtext.  Apologies if the original title suggested anything less than the subject deserved.

I've edited the title while keeping the rules the same.

cure (Level 11 Godfather) @ 4/19/2019 00:25

I don’t think it’s the commemorative challenge itself that people find off-putting, so much as the irreverant tone

Zanorin (Level 3 Hatchet Man) @ 4/16/2019 22:54

As a person who lives in Paris I don't feel particularly offended; there were no casualties and the cathedral survived the fire (though not in perfect shape). So why not make art that refers to the event?

|||| (Level 8 Marshal) @ 4/16/2019 20:12

Yeah.. this challenge seems to be in bad taste
I'm very perturbed

Lucas- (Level 4 Button Man) @ 4/16/2019 11:47

but... why?

This Week's Pixel Art

Fight Gal icon/pixelartGoliath 001 icon/pixelartHeart (Contest Submission) icon/pixelartAG-19 icon/pixelart
Play party games with QuizBash app