Pixel Art Challenge: BWRY

icon

Black then white are all I see in my infancy
Red and yellow then came to be, reaching out to me
Lets me see.

- Lateralus

This weekly is a palette challenge, but with a twist. You are provided with two fixed colours #ffffff and #000000. However the other two colours are not defined by hex codes.

You can either choose two shades of red or two shades of Yellow for the additional colours.

Sounds like a challenge? I hope so!

Canvas Size - Unrestricted
Colours - Exactly 4
Transparency - No.
Animation - Optional.

Posted by Mandrill @ 1/27/2020 12:54  |    12

Discussion

shm31 (Level 4 Button Man) @ 1/29/2020 08:48

Oh ! this is even better ! I am glad I have asked :)

Mandrill (Level 9 Vice President) @ 1/29/2020 08:16

Absolutely. Even a pinkish Red is more than fine.

shm31 (Level 4 Button Man) @ 1/29/2020 08:00

Hello, does it has to be bloody red or hepatitis yellow ? can't we  use something like "slightly" desaturated red for instance ?

regards,

edit : uh nevermind Adarias answered the question, and I can't even delete my post. I am a buffoon.

Mandrill (Level 9 Vice President) @ 1/28/2020 11:38

Exactly :)

skamocore (Level 11 CEO) @ 1/28/2020 08:56

Wait, so we can't do BWRY; we can only do BWRR or BWYY?

Mandrill (Level 9 Vice President) @ 1/28/2020 06:14

“Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind.“

Adarias described the matter perfectly. That's what the challenge is all about.

Let your imagination flow a bit and don't try to think within the usual constrains. Don't think hex Codes, think what YOU consider these colours to be.

@ Geci

Hell yeah, man!

Adarias (Level 11 Special Agent) @ 1/28/2020 05:38

When not in the rules, we usually lean on common sense.

Would a child call this color yellow?

If I asked for a red marker and you handed me this color, would I be confused?

If still in doubt, consider these yellows or these reds

gawrone (Level 6 Serial Killer) @ 1/28/2020 00:34

Good question. If it is not specified in the challenge, that it have to be either 0 hue for red or 60 hue for yellow, I would use my gut that makes me call everything between 345 and 10 at least reddish-something. And I think I could call something "yellow'ish" between 40 and 70. But someone else will see that differently. Are we allowed to go there?

ThrillhouseSSB (Level 2 Hired Gun) @ 1/27/2020 21:58

Is it up to personal discretion what counts as being yellow or red? Or is there like certain hue ranges?

For example if you were between red and orange, but it was still more red than it was orange?

Lucas- (Level 4 Button Man) @ 1/27/2020 15:59

I believe you are supposed to draw something with the two colors they gave and also with two shades of yellow or red.

hexcode (Level 4 Mercenary) @ 1/27/2020 15:09

I don't fully understand. So are we mean to draw something or just pick colors?

Gecimen (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 1/27/2020 14:53

Tool inspired challenges are always welcome!

This Week's Pixel Art

String Kombi icon/pixelartpuffycharms kitty kiss icon/pixelartYellow Phi icon/pixelartYoyo Master Sabrina icon/pixelart
Play party games with QuizBash app