New PJ Awards

icon

PixelJoint is now going to give two new monthly awards!

There'll be:

- a monthly top comments award, which goes to the member who has commented the most in the month
- a monthly top faves award, which goes to the member who has the most total faves on pieces submitted in the month.

October's top commenter awards go to:
  1. Hapiel
  2. SeDiceBisonte
  3. Quiara

And October's most favourited award goes to:
Most Faved Artist - October 2020 (#1) andylittle

Congratulations to all of you! See you next month for November's awards!

PS: Thanks to our new mod Jinn for the lovely award icons (once again).

Posted by Christoballs @ 11/3/2020 01:30  |    20

Discussion

Hapiel (Level 11 Admiral) @ 11/7/2020 05:52

Gecimen (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 11/7/2020 05:05

Do we have a secret rule where the most faved artist uses a dinosaur avatar?

Lik (Level 2 Hired Gun) @ 11/5/2020 09:15

A good idea! Congratulations to the winners of the awards and I wish you a speedy increase in activity!

andylittle (Level 9 Boss) @ 11/4/2020 20:27

I couldn't figure out what is the unexpected heart-award
Now everything is clear. It`s pretty good improvement!

@SovanJedi - I eat stegosaurus

SovanJedi (Level 3 Private Eye) @ 11/4/2020 09:33

Huh, I was wondering what that new heart-shaped award I got for September was about. Thank you for that! These are greast ideas. :D

Quiara (Level 6 Made) @ 11/3/2020 10:54

Finally, an award I can win!

Harmonica! (Level 6 Manager) @ 11/3/2020 10:49

Pretty cool incentive to start commenting more! I'd love to have a full set of coffee cups in my awards cupboard, but I often struggle coming up with something to say.

Jinn (Level 11 Godfather) @ 11/3/2020 10:14

That was me, thanks! :)

Jo (Level 8 Shodan) @ 11/3/2020 10:13

hahaha I'll take it, finally something that's not green

Amorph (Level 3 Hatchikyu) @ 11/3/2020 09:34

Who made the lovely icons?

Hapiel (Level 11 Admiral) @ 11/3/2020 08:59

@Jao, the september ones were handed out a few days ago to test the system :). I didn't know who number 3 was, I'm glad I know now!

Christoballs (Level 6 Serial Killer) @ 11/3/2020 08:18

Good idea, Stava!

DawnBringer (Level 10 Maniac) @ 11/3/2020 07:52

Wow, that's an even bigger drop than I thought! Some of that is because of Jal :(

PJ is not (just) about kissing ass, folks. Get on with the questions, opinions and constructive critique!...

SeDiceBisonte (Level 5 Lieutenant) @ 11/3/2020 07:20

Well that was unexpected – not Hapiel being top because he has friendly comments all the time, but I didn't think I actually commented all that much.

Looking at the comments on older pieces, I get the impression that crits in comments were more common years ago. I wonder if people are commenting less because they are more hesitant to critique something that is ostensibly "finished", esepcially now there's an active Discord. I know there's a suggestions section on there (and I will likely post this later) but maybe there could be some sign by an entry to show if a user is happy to receive crits on a gallery piece.

Other than that, I am not surprised andylittle was most favourited. Well done!

Stava (Level 8 Rear Admiral) @ 11/3/2020 07:00

Maybe a courage or dedication award or >think of a better name< for person who participated in most weekly challenges in a month would be cool, to encourage weekly challenge participation some more :)

Jo (Level 8 Shodan) @ 11/3/2020 05:10

Huh my first top 3 happened in september and I didn't even see that. YES I'LL BE ENJOYING THAT ICON EVEN IF IT'S NOT ART RELATED THANK YOU

Hapiel (Level 11 Admiral) @ 11/3/2020 05:09

You are correct, and this is one of the reasons we have these new awards.

DawnBringer (Level 10 Maniac) @ 11/3/2020 04:37

Yeah, it's my impression that commenting has gone down in recent years, more so than other things. Do you have any stats on the comments/favs ratio over time?

Hapiel (Level 11 Admiral) @ 11/3/2020 04:26

Everyone enjoys receiving comments on their artworks, so go out and give your fellow pixel artists some love!

This Week's Pixel Art

Dancing Flame icon/pixelartTuft on a Walk icon/pixelartScarab - 11/20/2020 [Pixel Daily] icon/pixelartSpooky creatures n4 icon/pixelart
Play party games with QuizBash app