Pixel Art Challenge: April Fools Gallery 2022

icon

Another year has passed since the last April Fool's Challenge: it was not the best year ever, and the present one is already competing to become even less best. So we could use some fun, right?

If this is your first time, the rules are as follow:

1) pick a PJ artist who inspires you, who you like, who you want to prank, or choose randomly.
2) study their work, technique, style, themes, palettes, whatever identifies them or makes them unique.
3) copy those features and make your own work (without plagiarism), and pretend they made it.
4) name the artist or link to their page.
5) fool us all.

Canvas Size - min. the smallest canvas of the choosen artist divided by 2, max. whatever you are able to finish in one week;
Colours - min. two, max. whatever will not make our pixel purist alarms go off;
Transparency - min. no transparency, max. a transparency;
Animation - min. no animation, max. a lot of animation;
Foolness - optional.

As usual, we are sharing links to previous galleries:

last year's challenge,
another past challenge,
and another one,
totally legit link,
definately not Rick,
choose wisely
vintage one,
ancient one.

Posted by gawrone @ 3/28/2022 02:53  |    6

Discussion

QueenKami (Level 6 Centaur) @ 3/29/2022 22:14

This is going to be so tough, I have a lot of favorite artists on here that have such wild styles that I don't even know how to begin emulating. Here's to trying though!

Chaoxys (Level 3 Game Boy) @ 3/29/2022 07:29

To be fair, it's also a case of finding the time thanks to my busy work schedule. I have a few in mind that I'm interested in, but whether or not I get around to it remains to be seen.

Trigonomicon (Level 8 Tengu) @ 3/29/2022 00:37

Take a scroll through your favourites and I'm sure you'll find something

Chaoxys (Level 3 Game Boy) @ 3/28/2022 17:07

I've always been interested in this theme and I'm REALLY tempted to give it a shot if I can find some inspiration.

b236 (Level 11 Bonsai) @ 3/28/2022 04:16

i was looking forward to this challenge so much.
and now i don't have any time to join it! :EEE

bluexel (Level 3 Mi-Go (The Whisperer in Darkness)) @ 3/28/2022 04:15

I can't wait to do this.Hope I have enough time

This Week's Pixel Art

Well icon/pixelartAnother Superstar Move icon/pixelartSepia Globe icon/pixelartSnowman icon/pixelart
Play party games with QuizBash app