I had some other nice couples in mind, which I eventually shelved in favor of this one (find the list of my other ideas below).
So, this obviously is german dictator Adolf Hitler vs. Mr. Burns, the villain from Simpsons, sort of.
Hitlers part of the picture is inspired quite a bit by the Manowar album cover "Kings of Metal" (or, the Turrican title screen, if you want... *sigh*... sweet mem'ries :) as you might have guessed. He's holding a swastika shuriken and wearing some absurd super-villain costume (an idea that I came across during the pixeling) which I thought would be funny (especially the tight pants accenting his balls :). As the swastika is a sensitive thing to display at least in Germany, I hope this won't get me in trouble :).
Monty is doing one of his standard lines (directed at Smithers, outside of pictures boundaries), usually dedicated to Homer, to point out his typical egomaniacal narrow-mindedness and to add even more ridiculousness to the image. I know his origal fingers are more skinny, but I wanted the style to fit the one I used on Hitler (who I did first).
The blue and purple lighting I did for the mood and for fun, too (I'm not fully skilled in this yet, but it's something I'm really fond of, especially in gloomy and theatrical pictures :). Same goes for the shading style.
List of other couples I would have done if I had the time (I actually compiled it just for myself to note down my ideas, but after not making them into pictures I think it'd be a shame if I would simply dump the list, so here it is at least in writing :):
- The Brain (from Pinky & The Brain) vs. George W. Bush. The Brain maybe has a caption "Pinkie?! Is that you?" to indicate some confusable competencies :)
- Nelson Muntz (from Simpsons, sorta villain, too), incl. caption "Ha ha!" and pointing finger vs. Darth Vader, lying dizzy on the ground, halfly sitting up, holding his aching head with one hand. Stars circling around head, caption "Noooo!", because of having slipped on a banana peel (lying next to him). That's probably my favorite on this list :).
- Multiple Agents Smith (from Matrix) standing around, looking confused vs. the Alien Mindbender (from Zak McKracken, incl. noseglasses and hat, but with sunglasses) standing amongst the agents trying to "hide", using his noseglasses as "disguise" in order not be recognised . One random agent has a caption "Where the heck...?". The Alien Mindbender has his hands in his trousers' pockets and is whistling unsuspiciously (displayed by pursed lips and some notes rising up from it). I tried to think of a way to humorously incorporate the parallel about the phone stuff here, but nothing striking came to mind :(. Maybe something like an agent standing with one foot in a nearby phonebooth, picking up the dangling receiver, pointing at it and saying to the others (in a caption) "He got away... but what's that sound?!"
- HAL9000 incl. caption "Daisy, daisyyyy..." vs. Magica De Spell (from the Donald Duck comic series), having a pissed facial expression and caption "Naah... dumbass."
- Clubber Lang (bad guy from Rocky III, played by Mr. T) incl. boxing gloves vs. Sauron. Lang is looking around surprisedly, having a caption "What the... where's the ring?" and Sauron having a kind of answering caption "Yeah right, where... hey, how do you know?"
- Bill Gates vs. the evil Queen from Snow White (as depicted in the 1937 Disney version with purple cloak, white stand up collar and crown etc.). Queen is carring a basket with apples, at which Bill is staring scared
I hope you enjoyed (at least some of) them. Why, we could make this a new sport - describing >*** Description truncated (4000 chars max) ***