Triple J Hottest 100 2004!

icon
The worlds largest listener music poll commenced on Australia Day, Wednesday January 26th. The annual poll allowed Australians to vote for their favourite songs of 2004.

The top ten were as follows:
1) franz ferdinand - take me out
2) missy higgins - scar
3) eskimo joe - from the sea
4) the killers - somebody told me
5) spiderbait - black betty
6) missy higgins - ten days
7) john butler trio - something's gotta give
8) little birdy - beautiful to me
9) powderfinger - bless my soul
10) the white stripes - jolene (live)

You can check out the rest of the list here, and check out pics of this years Big Day Out. I'd also recommend checking out the main page of the website if you're into this sort of music.

Posted by iSTVAN @ 1/30/2005 22:05  |    7

Discussion

Akira (Level 5 Sniper) @ 2/1/2005 18:32
Yes I also neglected so other bands such as the D4 and john butler trio, theres bound to be more but i can think of them. As for the radio stations i think the biggest hassle would be my connection. besides, i have a music collection of ~4000 songs on me ipod and with itrip, i can set up my own radio station :D

sedgemonkey (Level 11 Coelacanth) @ 2/1/2005 07:39
I tried out those songs last night. Good stuff. approve

iSTVAN (Level 8 Cannibal) @ 2/1/2005 03:18
From NZ are you? Cool! I dont mind the Datsuns, if you're feeling particularly screamy, and I've also seen the D4 live a while ago.

My girlfriend recently went to NZ and she said that she couldnt find one decent radio station, so if youre feeling lonely as far as radio goes you can always listen to JJJ over the net! And I'd imagine the time difference wouldnt be that much of a hassle.

Akira (Level 5 Sniper) @ 2/1/2005 00:32
HEHEHEHE I hate all new zealand music. minus the datsuns. NZ is far too americanised esp. hiphop/rap scene. We need our own flavour imo.

iSTVAN (Level 8 Cannibal) @ 1/31/2005 22:00
Well considering half of the bands you mentioned ARE Australian (eskimo joe, spiderbait, powderfinger) than its not surprisely that we'd enjoy our own home grown stuff!

But seriously, Triple J is a minority within this country. Theyre a saviour for Aussie music and fans of music in general. The station doesnt play adds cos theyre government funded, meaning they also dont play the kind of crap the big record companies pay other stations to play, they have funny and cutting edge disc jockeys, with more personality than a particularly cheesy piece of cheese (more than can be said about commercial radio hosts) and above all else the music rocks!

Akira (Level 5 Sniper) @ 1/31/2005 16:04
Woah. Australians have better taste in music then i gave them credit for tongue franz ferdinand, eskimo joe, the killers, spiderbait, powderfinger, white stripes, are all on my current playlist big smile

sedgemonkey (Level 11 Coelacanth) @ 1/31/2005 08:44
I love that song "Somebody Told Me". I don't listen to the radio beyond NPR and talk radio so I don't know any of the other songs. I'll have to check em out.

This Week's Pixel Art

Claws Out! (Miraculous Ladybug) icon/pixelartDANGER! icon/pixelartWitch Pin-Up 2 icon/pixelartGuts And Casca icon/pixelart
Play party games with QuizBash app