Pixel art blog

icon

Since a few weeks ago, I (Lollige) am trying to run a pixel art blog featuring news, tutorials, inspiring and interesting articles about my beliefs and asking for discussion! Come and have a visit at MrLollige.com!

Most interesting articles online so far: Pixel art software, coloring linearts and how to fix firefox. Coming soon: An interview with artist ThereIsNoCure and an article about realism in pixel art.

Comments on articles motivate me to continue writing, and I am always willing to hear opinions on subjects!

Posted by Hapiel @ 11/20/2009 15:00  |    11

Discussion

Antifarea (Level 4 Ensign) @ 11/27/2009 12:38

lololololololollllllige keep up the good work. Sorry, not mean to spam, just to compliment, both on your efforts, and your funny (saying in a good way) name.

Reo (Level 11 Sensei) @ 11/27/2009 06:24

I was positively surpirised by your good work Lol!

Antifarea (Level 4 Ensign) @ 11/27/2009 05:33

*sips on his coffee* lol I was going to say what happened to lolsoft... well I skimmed through it, I might read some of them, I'm interested in going over details on some of those sprites I saw you talk about there. So, keep up the good work.

Mathias (Level 5 Rokkyu) @ 11/26/2009 18:57

Lollige, very cool. It's nice to read the insights/thoughts of other artists like that. Keep doing that.

Skull (Level 11 CEO) @ 11/26/2009 07:24

That's in my Live Feed, now.

Hapiel (Level 11 Admiral) @ 11/26/2009 02:15

I totally agree with you Blackbeltdude. PJ is easy for me, but also easy for you.

I have a lot of plans for talking about commercial pixel art with commercial pixel artists, and my contact lists outside of PJ grow and grow!
Newsground is a great tip, thank you!

@Jeremy, I am afraid not. If PJ want's to continue to really feature a member, they would have to do that themselves. I enjoyed interviewing Syosa and Ilkke, but I do not believe it makes a good featuring system.

But ill leave a link in the chatterbox every now and then ;)

Dex (Level 11 CEO) @ 11/25/2009 21:04

looks sweet!

i wish i could set up a site. need money, though :X

can't wait to see what you have in store, bro!

jeremy (Level 11 Special Agent) @ 11/25/2009 20:56

Looking forward to the TINC interview :D

(Would that also be put on here?)

AtomicMushroom (Level 4 Button Man) @ 11/25/2009 20:41

Very cool site, and thanks for helping me fix my Firefox.

Blackbeltdude (Level 7 Ichikyu) @ 11/25/2009 19:55

It's a cool idea, though, I'm more interested in seeing if you'll work content around some other sites other than the normal ones people go for pixel art. Like, I think people who visit Pixel Joint often enough have seen quite a bit of the work you're talking about on your site. There's some insights there that we wouldn't otherwise have, but I would like to see some PA that's from sites other than Pixel Joint of Way of the Pixel.

Kudos to you if you wade through all the heaps of trash on DA to find nice stuff; the issue of temporal relevance might pop-up to some extent though. It would be nice if you tended to talk about recent work as you have been doing, and I think most of the gems on DA may be a tad old.

NewGrounds might be an interesting place to check out for stuff though.

And I'm obviously not trying to sound negative here; I think it's a cool idea that you've got a Pixel Art blog going! I just hope that when posting a link to a site about Pixel Art on a Pixel Joint, that the content on it won't mostly overlap with what's on Pixel Joint.

Try not to look at my comments in an ill-light, as I'm really not intending them to be taken as such. :P I'm looking forward to keeping up with your site!

This Week's Pixel Art

Hollow Knight Icon icon/pixelartDragon Idle icon/pixelartAdventure time treehouse icon/pixelartCrystal Guardians evolution attacks part 1 icon/pixelart
Play party games with QuizBash app