Top Pixel Art - April 2011

icon

April was a month dominated by characters in scenery. Many thanks go out to this month's top pixel artists and all the members who took time to rate.

Grandpa, it was this big by junkboy
The Cap socks Hitler! by The B.O.B.
Dark by Kaiseto
Mosquito's Insomnia Title Screen by albertov
Horny Chieftain by iLKke
Great Squidfish Crusade by Mrmo Tarius
Firewood Invasion by a3um
Sunset of a Human Life by a3um
Walk on the Wild Side by jalonso
Goodbye to the Ancestors by Mrmo Tarius

Posted by Blueberry_pie @ 5/18/2011 11:13  |    13

Discussion

a3um (Level 4 Shichikyu) @ 5/26/2011 22:46

Even the challenges were the same :D

Mrmo Tarius (Level 10 Master Sniper) @ 5/24/2011 03:17

Thanks! My first trophies evar :D ^^

Reo (Level 11 Sensei) @ 5/22/2011 04:04

Not only was did they both take 2 trophies but it was the first trophies for both of them! well played guys!

Opacus (Level 7 Ichikyu) @ 5/22/2011 03:31

Agreed.

Also, congrats to Mrmo and a3um for taking 2 spots each :)

Delicious (Level 8 Regional Boss) @ 5/19/2011 18:15

Junkboy: It was well deserved. ;)

EdJr (Level 8 Shodan) @ 5/19/2011 15:43

The cap socks Hitler was one of the exceptions, no doubt. I commented thinking mainly on it and on other 2 or 3 pieces.

Congrats again, and junkboy, we all know you enjoy. XD

jalonso (Level 11 Godfather) @ 5/19/2011 15:00

@junkboy, you enjoy.

@Dennis, maybe that would cover the front page too much and hide the current weekly challenge. It may also be too much 'look at me'. Not a bad idea... noted.

0xDB (Level 5 Killer Klown) @ 5/19/2011 13:11

Congratulations!

Well this post isn't really just to congratulate the artists for their works but to throw out an idea:

I think it would be insanely cool if the top pieces for each month could be presented on some sort of podium with the preview images standing in the place the piece scored and on hovering over it with the mouse, the full image would pop up over the cursor.

Not that making a place or scoring points should matter too much in art but that would make viewing the pieces more convenient.

junkboy (Level 2 Peon) @ 5/19/2011 10:57

Say what you want, but that bitchin' gold trophy is now mine! HAHAHA! :D

SatTheArtist (Level 1 Rookie) @ 5/19/2011 08:20

What! Howed that win 1st place?

My favorite was the cap socks hitler, amazing pixel art.

Anyway, congratulations everyone.

jalonso (Level 11 Godfather) @ 5/18/2011 18:56

I understand what you mean EdJr. But even The Cap socks Hitler! o.O

That's some amazing and complex animation and that its pixel work makes it quite an outstanding and memorable piece.

EdJr (Level 8 Shodan) @ 5/18/2011 18:24

Good pieces, but I think almost all of them just won't leave much memories. I mean, they're almost all simple pixels, with simple ideas, having no diferential to keep them on top. There are some exceptions, obviously, but I feel this month wasn't the same as the others. I'm not saying that they're not good, or that there's any piece better than them; I really like all of them (and love some!), but I don't think they have all that meaning.

(I hope you understand what I meant; I'm not criticizing anyone, I'm just leaving my opinion, but I don't know if I expressed well. Some things are really hard to translate correctly!)

Anyway, congratulations!

This Week's Pixel Art

Character icon/pixelartGator icon/pixelarthappy icecream icon/pixelartBooks shelf icon/pixelart
Play party games with QuizBash app