Pixel Art Challenge: The Desert Level

icon

Create a mock-up of an original video game showing a screen from a desert level.

Canvas size - Unrestricted.
Colours - Max 11. Must only include colours from the palette below:

Animation - Optional.
Transparency - No.

Posted by skamocore @ 11/25/2013 00:01  |    15

Discussion

FinoRaptor (Level 3 Hatchet Man) @ 11/28/2013 09:46

yup xd

ultimaodin (Level 3 Corporate Drone) @ 11/28/2013 07:59

I think a number of people have missed the term 'origional' on this challenge. =/

FinoRaptor (Level 3 Hatchet Man) @ 11/27/2013 20:51

[EDIT]: It doesn't matter now, I've already submitted my entry without the color palette :)

Can I post my work with the palette on the side of the mockup to show that I have used it? or it has to be just the mockup only?

Adarias (Level 11 Special Agent) @ 11/27/2013 15:23

does it need to be a single screen, or can it be a series of related screens, a la Jal's pieces?

Cream (Level 3 Stalker) @ 11/27/2013 15:07

I cant use transparency even on the preview?

Lordofsax (Level 2 Peon) @ 11/26/2013 16:26

My first actual challenge. I hope I can fit this in amongst everything else, but the palette and idea was too good to turn down.

FinoRaptor (Level 3 Hatchet Man) @ 11/25/2013 15:07

Wow, I'm going to see if I can enter this contest, because with the end of semester at my University I can't do much.
I wish good luck to everyone :)
P.S: I'm new here on PJ and I'm happy that there are a lot of nice and friendly people here :)

Mr.Fahrenheit (Level 6 Serial Killer) @ 11/25/2013 14:08

Jeez, right after I make an nes desert mockup. Guess I'll do something to expand the lore.

Damian (Level 9 Federal Agent) @ 11/25/2013 13:18

I'm at two minds on wether or not to join this challenge :/ I'm already working on a big mockup as it is. But I think I could really make this pallet work.

crozier (Level 6 Hitman) @ 11/25/2013 13:05

I loved the water and lava level challenges. This seems right up my alley.

castled (Level 3 Chief) @ 11/25/2013 12:50

Cool pallette, I'll probably give it a shot!

Phexion, I would guess from the description that it needs to be a completely orignal made up game. Usually the challenges tend to be interpreted to the letter.

Phexion (Level 5 Detective) @ 11/25/2013 11:46

I feel somewhat dense asking this but when you say mock-up of an original video game, does that mean for example; Sonic in Deadly Desert Zone a level that does not exist in an already existing game or a made up game with a desert style level?

Dokitsu (Level 9 Nidan) @ 11/25/2013 09:50

Mmm, thanks, I thought it only was like a background, not platform or like a videogame.

Dastal (Level 3 Hatchet Man) @ 11/25/2013 09:45

It can be a desert art with a life bar, a character, and platform.

Dokitsu (Level 9 Nidan) @ 11/25/2013 09:30

hi. this must be a mockup?, or just a desert art?.

This Week's Pixel Art

The last Corridor by Koyot1222 icon/pixelartCambridge MA, Autumn 1996 icon/pixelartSnake potion icon/pixelartPotion Explotion icon/pixelart
Play party games with QuizBash app