Single Image Platformer

icon

Single Image Platformer is a small pixel art platform game to play or make your own.

Single Image Platformer is a simple pixel art platform game in which you have to collect a certain amount of objects in order to unlock the exit and finish the game.

What makes this game special for PJers is that you can easily customize it by altering a single spritesheet with your own art.
A great way for pixelartists who can't code to have a playable game on your site/blog/portfolio.
You decide what the player looks like, what objects he/she has to collect, what monsters he/she encounters and even what the level looks like!

Try out the default game, download the image template and follow the instructions to make the game your own!

Check it out and download HERE. PJ Forum Thread for questions, help and showcase HERE

Posted by SiegfriedCroes @ 9/12/2015 15:00  |    18

Discussion

SiegfriedCroes (Level 1 Rookie) @ 9/21/2015 13:56

The spikes section is impossible to cross without taking damage ^^' Hope you can get access to a computer soon so you can playtest it yourself ;) Btw, I think we should discuss it further in this topic ;)

Fusionnist (Level 10 Operative) @ 9/21/2015 13:08

Ok in theory this works... yes I'm flooding lol http://m.imgur.com/fGYEo2G

Fusionnist (Level 10 Operative) @ 9/21/2015 12:43

I need a mobile SIP  XD

Fusionnist (Level 10 Operative) @ 9/21/2015 12:12

Ok seems nice ;) I couldn't test my level XD since I cant use a computer right now...

SiegfriedCroes (Level 1 Rookie) @ 9/21/2015 00:36

Looks cool so far :) I like the character :P It's only a bit difficult to see the difference between walls and background. There were also some places I couldn't reach ^^' And it seems you used some wrong colors for your objects cause their background are wrong (maybe that's just cause it's not very well explained in my draft guide). I'm going to update the guide a bit today to add a few things that I left out (like what the 32x32 tile in the top left corner is for).

Fusionnist (Level 10 Operative) @ 9/20/2015 12:12

Here's a quick level ;)

I'll submit it in the gallery ect...

THIS IS A TEST VERSION, BIGGER MAP SOON :D

I'll submit the bigger map ver. to the gallery

Fusionnist (Level 10 Operative) @ 9/20/2015 07:17

Nice! My file is close to being finished ;3

SiegfriedCroes (Level 1 Rookie) @ 9/20/2015 06:00

That would sure be cool :) I added a simple share feature earlier this week. Now you have "Custom game from file" to easily test your game and "Custom game from imgur" to use an image uploaded on imgur (which also generates an url for sharing that will automatically start the game with your image).

Fusionnist (Level 10 Operative) @ 9/20/2015 05:49

Im in the process of making one, I'll make sure to hare the result ;)

jalonso (Level 11 Godfather) @ 9/20/2015 05:24

I have had it downloaded to play with and make my own as soon as I find some time.

@All, we can always turn DSSiege11's forum thread introduction as a showcase/collab for PJer versions of the game plus help, support and WIPs.

SiegfriedCroes (Level 1 Rookie) @ 9/20/2015 05:03

Be sure to share when you've made something ;)

SiegfriedCroes (Level 1 Rookie) @ 9/20/2015 05:01

It only seems to look right at normal zoom level (100%), at 200% you can see the blue lines... At least for me (in Chrome).

Fusionnist (Level 10 Operative) @ 9/20/2015 02:15

mmh I'm gonna have some fun!

scorched (Level 3 Hatchet Man) @ 9/19/2015 14:29

Firefox. Yeah, the blue lines. In some scales more noticable, in some less. Maybe it's fine only on integer zoom values?

SiegfriedCroes (Level 1 Rookie) @ 9/19/2015 13:27

Scorched: What webbrowser are you using? And did you zoom in to make the sceen bigger? I noticed that when you do that you can see blue lines flicker around the exit. I use 2 canvases, one for the level and one for the dynamic objects. I move the level around using css and it seems that is causing some imperfections... Could be something else too of course, I'll look into it :)

SiegfriedCroes (Level 1 Rookie) @ 9/19/2015 13:18

Thanks :) Would love to see when you do :)

scorched (Level 3 Hatchet Man) @ 9/19/2015 11:02

Like the main hero sprite! There is a bug: when I jump, the X plate is shaking (in right bottom corner of level)

8 Bit Dreams (Level 10 President) @ 9/18/2015 18:58

Great idea! Will have to give this a whirl sometime!

This Week's Pixel Art

SoloRifle 3000 icon/pixelartDowntime on Hanamunde icon/pixelartJelly icon/pixelartSnowy Field icon/pixelart
Play party games with QuizBash app