Pixel Art Challenge: Splitting 11s

icon

Challenge winner |||| presents: The Sequel to Splitting 10s:

Create an image that is split equally into two parts - either horizontally or vertically. Each half of your canvas must use one of the two palettes shown below (separated by the dotted line). You must use all 11 colours from both palettes - 11 colours on one half of the canvas, 11 on the other; with a grand total of 16 unique colours.

Canvas size - Unrestricted.
Colours - Exactly 16. Use all the colours from the top part of the palette for one half of your image and the lower part of the palette for the other half of your image.

Transparency - No.
Animation - Optional.

Posted by skamocore @ 5/16/2016   |    10

Discussion

Eggy (Level 4 Deputy) @ 5/20/2016 09:48

It's done. I've run into many obstacles, but I did it.

|||| (Level 8 Marshal) @ 5/17/2016 13:49

Consalvo: Sweet, you always have interesting & unique entries.

Gameboy: That's pushing it! But ok, as long as you show clearly that it's split 50/50

GameBoy (Level 1 Depressed) @ 5/17/2016 10:06

Can I split the image using spiral? I would count pixels to make sure there's a 50/50 split.

Consalvo (Level 3 Stalker) @ 5/16/2016 13:07

I would participate too, this time i will be careful with the dithering.

Eggy (Level 4 Deputy) @ 5/16/2016 12:58

Great

Of course, I'll need to make it first. Assuming I manage to make it before the deadline as I'm looking to make sure it's high quality.

|||| (Level 8 Marshal) @ 5/16/2016 12:30

Well Eishiya, you could make a frame for the image using the greys and only use the colors within that frame.

Eggy: Can't wait to see what your idea is!

eishiya (Level 6 SWAT) @ 5/16/2016 06:12

Are there bonus points for not using the greys? They make things boringly easy.

Edit: Nevermind, I see ALL colours have to be used. Bah. Maybe as AA, but that means no bonus points xP

Eggy (Level 4 Deputy) @ 5/16/2016 01:18

Interesting challenge! I've got an idea already and I'd like to participate  I hope I execute it well though.

|||| (Level 8 Marshal) @ 5/16/2016 00:43

While in 'Splitting 10s' you would have to keep the line straight, I will bend a little and say no, you musn't. As long as it's split 50-50%. I suggest anyone that would like to divide the palettes in anyway other than straight across(curved like a yin-yang for example, or sine wave like); should post a link to show the division clearly in a 2 color file in the image description.

Also Everyone: sorry this palette isn't as refined as it could be; I didn't have time to test it out as much as I would have liked to. It may be more of a challenge to use well in that case.

And to whoever came up with the 1st challenge 'Splitting 10s'; props to you for having a great idea!

Adarias (Level 11 Special Agent) @ 5/16/2016 00:20

must the split be along a single row or col or can it be mor generally balanced, like a yin-yang or other more complex reflection?

This Week's Pixel Art

Venus Walk Sprite icon/pixelartTree House ^-^ icon/pixelartFuture Cowboy Rifle icon/pixelartB.Orchid ki1 cvs icon/pixelart
Play party games with QuizBash app