Ripped Pixelart at etsy

icon

Hello fellow pixel artists,

I got a hint that some lady is selling some of our pixels as listing at etsy.com;
Some of her listings look very familar to me. One certain submarine too familar.
(already reported)

Happy Hunting.

Posted by tomic @ 4/10/2017 12:01  |    19

Discussion

knurks (Level 1 Depressed) @ 4/13/2017 17:01

Please also contact etsy, not just the seller, if its your piece. They do disable accounts over copyright stuff if enough artists complain.

0xDB (Level 5 Killer Klown) @ 4/13/2017 14:12

https://www.etsy.com/listing/211517880/snowy-deep-forest-counted-cross-stitch?ref=shop_home_active_12 <-- also a Mark Ferrari piece ... she even mindlessly copied the paths for the color cycling effect ... lol

pyrometal (Level 8 Guerrilla) @ 4/12/2017 19:32

All of the stolen works reported by our community seem to have been taken down, which is great news

Zizka (Level 10 Operative) @ 4/12/2017 04:07

Aye aye! Give her hell cure.

Give me proof that I stole something. Someone's got a guilty conscience.

skittle (Level 9 Nidan) @ 4/11/2017 11:14

tfw no one rips your art

Manupix (Level 11 Godfather) @ 4/11/2017 08:17

"Provide a proof" meaning "spend a few grands on some lawyer to proove your copyright claim and maybe I'll bother calling mine".

The usual weasel tactics

cure (Level 11 Godfather) @ 4/11/2017 07:47

Me: It isn't nice to steal designs by other artists. you're selling something that belongs to them.

Her: can you can me which one you are talking about? I take such requests seriously, and use images only with permission or create my own. If I have your painting, I'm not aware of it. Let me know and provide a proof and I will take action.

Me: I'm sure you do. not really my job to go through your gallery and sort out what was stolen from where. You know well enough. Here's a start: [links to stolen work and this news post]

Eggy (Level 4 Deputy) @ 4/11/2017 07:22

Yeah, there was when I looked (and oddly enough it doesn't even refer to Simba and Mufasa by their names, just a generic "lion dad and cub" thing). I doubt Disney may notice or even care though, as it apparently seems like too small of a thing to bother suing the person over (unless it sells a lot or something).

cure (Level 11 Godfather) @ 4/11/2017 06:46

Etsy is shit and has no respect for artists anyways.

DexRunner (Level 3 Private Eye) @ 4/11/2017 06:30

@ParkerBabyDiaperCompany

Don't worry, if I could cross-stitch I'd totally rip your Muscovy piece.

DawnBringer (Level 10 Maniac) @ 4/11/2017 04:33

Wasn't there a Lion King image in there too? If you're stupid enough to steal from Disney...

atprises (Level 6 Commander) @ 4/11/2017 04:30

Oh wow, that lady has no shame. Anybody with an etsy account can report the shop there.

@nevercreature yeah, personal use is okay! My mom embroidered 2 pieces and they hang on the wall so we can look at them forever lol but doing such thing for money and exposure is so bad!

Nevercreature (Level 8 Partner) @ 4/11/2017 03:30

That's not fair... Well, I think it's nice use some picture for your own purposes, (even me I've used some masterpieces of PJ as smartphone wallpaper, stickers...) but use them to earn money is another issue... . At least if you want to do it you should inform the owner before doing something like that.

Eggy (Level 4 Deputy) @ 4/10/2017 22:39

If I find she ripped anything of mine, I'm going to report her to death. Even if my pixel art isn't the best, art is art and I don't want anyone leeching off my work for profit

ParkerBabyDiaperCompany (Level 4 Team Leader) @ 4/10/2017 16:37

I wish she ripped mine.

pyxelbit (Level 1 Rookie) @ 4/10/2017 16:24

ripped sprites and artworks is a big thing in the perler and crossstitch community unfortunaly

Manupix (Level 11 Godfather) @ 4/10/2017 15:20

Getting ripped must mean you did something right: congrats!

Okay found this: Cold Moonlit Night is from vedsten, Pink Skies Over The Mountains is from Mark Ferrari.

Tar & feathers, I say.

Mandrill (Level 8 Partner) @ 4/10/2017 13:28

The heck!?

This Week's Pixel Art

Cute Pixel Room icon/pixelartRobot Animation icon/pixelartAvatar icon/pixelartDino Jaw icon/pixelart