BLINDality

icon
 I use to think I was good at playing those fighting games like Mortal Komabt and Soul Calibur...  Then I find out I can easily get my but kicked by a blind kid...

"Brice Mellen is a whiz at video games such as "Mortal Kombat."  In that regard, the 17-year-old isn't much different from so many others his age.  Except for one thing: He's blind."

This just goes to show you, there really isn't such a thing as disability if you don't want to have one.

Full Story   (From CNN.com)

Posted by Ensellitis @ 8/4/2005 00:20  |    10

Discussion

OMGFossil (Level 6 Yonkyu) @ 8/9/2005 23:24

LUCK CAN MAKE IT SOMEHOW

Saboteur (Level 4 Shichikyu) @ 8/8/2005 23:42
How about I give you a flaming uppercut to the groin? HA! Betcha can't do that on command, you button-masher, you!

OMGFossil (Level 6 Yonkyu) @ 8/7/2005 18:35
I mash buttons and I get the special moves right :D

Ensellitis (Level 11 Sensei) @ 8/7/2005 07:57
 OMG, you need to read the article better.  This kid actually does the moves, he doesn't just mash buttons.  And niether do I...

OMGFossil (Level 6 Yonkyu) @ 8/6/2005 04:50
All you have to do in fighting games really is to just randomly mash buttons. When someone beats you in a fighting game it's just skill of the opponent being better at mashing the controller than you. :P

Saboteur (Level 4 Shichikyu) @ 8/4/2005 19:50

Sedge, please try. I've needed a good laugh for a really long time.

In games like mortal kombat all he'd have to do is be scorpion or whatever, use his grappling hook thing, then do some ginormous combo and you'd die. Man, its hard enough for me to beat people that can see...

The B.O.B. (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 8/4/2005 15:27
That is amazing...I always wondered if blind people could play a game off audio alone. Hard to believe but amazing. Who knows, maybe when I grow up, and if I can become successful, I can adjust video games accordingly to audio sounds from certain games making it ear friendly for the blind. again, amazing...

sedgemonkey (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 8/4/2005 08:47
Heh, funny title Ensellitis. Didn't even notice it at first.

sedgemonkey (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 8/4/2005 08:43

He uses a regular fighting game with the regular sound effects as his only cues?  How is that even possible?

I bet I could kick his ass with the TV muted.

pixelblink (Level 9 Federal Agent) @ 8/4/2005 01:11
that's some crazy shit yo!

This Week's Pixel Art

Moon Garage icon/pixelartRipley icon/pixelartKarl der Heinz icon/pixelartChest with Banjo Kazooie Collectables icon/pixelart
Play party games with QuizBash app