Sony sues online retailer for PSP sale

icon
Sony doesn't seem to like the evermore occuring phenomenon of people importing hardware, which is almost obligatory for gamers who want the latest technology- they sued Lik-Sang.com for selling and shipping PSPs to UK gamers. Even though they postponed the PSP in Europe for a few months- no wonder those UK gamers were craving for their PSPs!

Read the full story.

Posted by Brian the Great @ 8/9/2005 09:05  |    9

Discussion

Carnivac (Level 8 Shodan) @ 8/14/2005 04:51
And why shouldn't they wanna be able to control the distribution of their own product?  The importers charge too much for things anyway.  September the 1st ain't exactly years away.

And that comment about the short battery life is bull.  My buddies PSP seems to do pretty nicely everytime we take it out with us.  Rather get me one of those than the DS my girlfriend has.  A 256x192 resolution?  Idiots at Nintendo gotta realise a 320x240 is a bare minimum these days so when the vast majority of 2d games get ported or emulated they don't end up all cramped or squashed as hell.  The buttons on the damn thing and that whole Gameboy Micro crap seems to suggest Nintendo like making everything small...well, you morons, theres a freakin limit.  I physically can't even use the buttons on a DS well cos they're too small and close together. I'll be getting my own PSP even if its purely for emulation purposes (which it wont be, been loving Vampire Chronicles and Ridge Racer for a start and new GTA on the way seems promising).

Blueberry_pie (Level 7 General Manager) @ 8/13/2005 07:19
Whoops, make that "I read a comment", not "I saw a read comment" :P

Blueberry_pie (Level 7 General Manager) @ 8/13/2005 07:18
Haha :)
I saw a read comment about the PSP on the internet once: "PSP: the handheld you play at home", because of its short battery time :P

It probably won't take long until Micro$oft makes a handheld too.

Brian the Great (Level 8 Brigadier General) @ 8/12/2005 11:38
 Sony: "Hey, Nintendo is making a 3D handheld. Let's make one too and let nobody play it. Muhahaha!"

Blueberry_pie (Level 7 General Manager) @ 8/12/2005 05:44
All I can say about this is: Haha. Hardehar. omglol. Oh, that's directed at Sony.
I don't like PSP :/

sedgemonkey (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 8/11/2005 21:05
They're crazy over there protecting their PSPs. :)

Brian the Great (Level 8 Brigadier General) @ 8/11/2005 00:24
 Of all the hard words in there I misspell their.

pixelblink (Level 9 Federal Agent) @ 8/10/2005 21:49
looks fine to me Ryan  naw, I fixed it.

ryan-gfx (Level 1 Depressed) @ 8/10/2005 17:08
 you mispelled "their" in the end of the paragraph.

This Week's Pixel Art

Hero of Ice [Weekly] icon/pixelartfrog-man icon/pixelartHeide Knight icon/pixelartSpace Bubble icon/pixelart
Play party games with QuizBash app