King of Spriters 2006

icon

If you have been living under a rock for the past six months or so or just don't give much attention to the world of pixels beyond this site, you've probably missed out on the action and progress that is called King of Spriters 2006!

Scuba Steve and many of the regulars over at Pixelopolis have been involved in developing their own characters to add to this pixel endeavor for the past little bit and it has been unleashed for all to see.

Behold the mighty pixel! (by clicking the appropriate link doofus)

Posted by pixelblink @ 3/27/2006 19:48  |    16

Discussion

Larwick (Level 8 Regional Boss) @ 4/3/2006 19:01
It seems like we livened it up again.

CDI (Level 5 Detective) @ 3/29/2006 13:58
wait so it's finished? Done? noooooo! I was just finishing mune :'(

Blick (Level 7 Captain) @ 3/28/2006 22:10
Chilly, Dhaos, Josh Astorian and Kon have to be my favorites. Especially Chilly, I remember she made an amazing mockup for a Pixelation challenge a long time ago and it had so much dithering that I couldn't understand how someone could even comprehend what they were doing with so many dots spread out, but it all came together zoomed out.

mccow28 (Level 1 Gangster) @ 3/28/2006 19:49

Hafta say I love Schu's, Wolverine's, Helm's, and Alex's characters and portraits. Spiv had a great portrait as well. Nice job everybody.

Wish I could have finished mine. Procrastination is what I do. : O

And I just have to say, Ptoing's entry on the 2003 KoS is ace. : )

alkaline (Level 6 Yonkyu) @ 3/28/2006 17:23
I'm quite partial to Helm's sprite. Nice collab

Larwick (Level 8 Regional Boss) @ 3/28/2006 15:57
Ah, i've seen this, i love seeing them all together. Tis a neato idea. I've been wanting to collaborate for ages but my spriting skills are pretty lame.

Saboteur (Level 4 Shichikyu) @ 3/28/2006 15:44

Splat's's is the awesome.

I thought about making one, then realised I don't have the patience, or skill, probably.

Shark (Level 1 Jukyu) @ 3/28/2006 11:47
i have been following this for a while, i just jhavent got time to make one :( maybe if theres still room in a month or so. wolverines and chilly's and alex's are also my favs.

zAk (Level 3 Stalker) @ 3/28/2006 06:31
oh then thats cool! My favourite is the guy that showed up here recently in a space suit and eerything :D

iSTVAN (Level 8 Cannibal) @ 3/28/2006 06:13
zAk, It's a mock up of game that includes art from various pixel artists. It's not meant to be played. S'not a dumb question at all! : )

zAk (Level 3 Stalker) @ 3/28/2006 06:11
ummm maybe this is a dumb question but is this a game or just a screen with choosing characters? because as soon as i choose a character there is nothing that makes the game go further - so is it a game? or am i a bit dim... :(

Toby (Level 3 Stalker) @ 3/28/2006 04:25
Hasn't fixed my sprite either (the face is one pixel too wide).

It's a nice collab but scuba seems a bit too busy to update it.

Oh, and Alex's, Wolverine's, Spiv's and Josha Storian's sprites are my favourites :)

Carnivac (Level 8 Shodan) @ 3/28/2006 01:18
Hmm, he still hasn't fixed mine or changed my name back and linked to my gallery here.  Asked a couple of times now, but now I don't go to that forum anymore I dunno what to do.

Mine does change color though...

sedgemonkey (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 3/27/2006 20:14

I'm glad PB posted it.

I would've missed this site altogether... don't really have time to dig through a forum looking for a project link.

iSTVAN (Level 8 Cannibal) @ 3/27/2006 20:12
This has actually been up for months. Where did you get the idea that this was a scoop?

I would have changed mine slightly if I knew it was going to be against such a dark background, and I probably woudl have made it bigger- but whatever, I'm still pleased!

sedgemonkey (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 3/27/2006 20:12

Neat-o interface.  So many cool and different characters in there.

This Week's Pixel Art

Thoughtless RPG Standing Sprite Link icon/pixelartMail Duck icon/pixelartdark prince icon/pixelartTechwear branch icon/pixelart
Play party games with QuizBash app