The latest collection of PJer finds, creations and other stuff.
• Mughead Studios' new game Onepath-The Puzzle World features pixels from PJer Pixelart_kid and look like fun. Play HERE. Found by jalonso
• DYA Games (albertov) has a new game Super Star Path with some awesome pixelart many are already familiar with.
The game needs your help and support on Steam Greenlight. Found by jalonso
• The Owlboy saga continues and the latest news can be found on a feature Destructoid recently had with creator Simon Anderson (Snake). Found by 8 Bit Dreams
• Chiprush. Another game from Jupitron is HERE. Found by jalonso
• ubik creator PROZI (which many liked) has just realeased a new browser pixelart game, CHI LAND available on his site HERE. 2 servers, 1 for EU and 1 for US. Post a comment. Like it on facebook. Rate it at slidedb or gamejolt. Found by jalonso
• Crocotile 3D is a new tool that acts like a 2d map editor but with an extra dimension. Create 3d scenes and models using tiles from tilesets. Video and download link can be found at www.Crocotile3D.com Found by AlexHW
• The best handheld gaming system may be in our future and you will want to make a game for it
Arduboy - Credit Card sized gaming Kickstarter HERE and forum thread HERE. Found by UncleSporky
• Pixaki is a nice pixel app for the iPad created by PJer rizer. Found by Damian
• Mandrill has made a tutorial that covers his take on a small piece of pixel art (64x45) from concept, over creating a palette, to pixelling. Found by jalonso
This tutorial is added to the LINKS section too along with some new tutorials from rhlstudios.
• A somewhat forgotten game company Game Freak, Jerry Boy/Smart Ball is HERE. Found by Pixelart_kid
• Now on sale is the book of art work from Ken Sugimori, including sketch, Manga and pixel art and work for Quinty game (A collector's must have) can be found HERE. Found by Pixelart_kid
• The Finder icon and the influence of fine art on the Mac. Article is HERE. Found by 8 Bit Dreams
• The Bitmap Brothers: Universe. A beatiful book on the history of the visionary British software house. Found by Pixelart_kid
Fix Blurred Pixels and More!
PJs Expansion Pack mostly created by skeddles and Yanrishatum but also includes other addons found by PJers.
Addons for Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera and Canary.
The latest ISO collab will be up within a week.
OPP is back and better than ever. The latest focus is on animations. Join the fun!
As always, if you find interesting pixel related things to post in the next StrayPixels send in as news or PM jalonso with details.
We edit and fix all typos so don't be shy.