Challenge Awards: Show Yo Emoness

Discussion

fawful (Level 6 Yonkyu) @ 10/21/2008 06:25
A flickering tension was by far the best if you ask me,and i dont really think the voting system is at fault,It's the majority of voters,im sure that most peeps who vote dont take time to consider which is the best,or which appeals to them the most.

skeddles (Level 11 Psychopath) @ 10/20/2008 12:41
"The alternatives suggested wouldnt bring in different results, imo."
But I always seem to vote for pieces that lose >.<

"A mediocre dragon with OTT dithering WILL ALWAYS beat an awesomely pixelled fashion doll..."
That sentence proves our point.... not yours....

>I am totally taking over this news item, 4 posts already.<

Blueberry_pie (Level 7 General Manager) @ 10/20/2008 12:04
This voting system is fine, I think. Power to the people.

jalonso (Level 11 Godfather) @ 10/20/2008 11:42
What can be more even than PJ members voting what they like best????
A judge is never 100% fair because of the human factor.

It is true that some votes are oddly cast but this always happens.
I do find that content is almost always a judging factor and not just pixelart techniques, as it should be.
The alternatives suggested wouldnt bring in different results, imo.

...unless you are Syosa, lol.

pixelaro (Level 1 Rookie) @ 10/20/2008 11:15
Skeddles: I just bring up the alternatives, cause just complaining without listing an alternative solution is pointless. I don't see any need to change the system myself, but if anyone is able to put up an argument for WHY we something else is better than what we have, I will change my mind.
I think the modvote system is equaly fine with the one we have now, but I don't think many mods would like to be the one that have to do the work and get nothing but blame afterwards.
You say that you think my alternatives would make the system better. Which one of them, modvote or point/rank vote? I guess you could have both and end up with a system where modvote>mass poster vote>regular user, is that what you want? I just don't understand what you mean.

skeddles (Level 11 Psychopath) @ 10/20/2008 10:51
You say it seems fine, but list all these suggestions ^^

Everything you said are things that I  had thought of too, and think that they would make the system better.

Haze01 (Level 1 Intern) @ 10/20/2008 10:43
Cool, the top three were the ones I voted for, and in the order I hoped for :)
Nice entries, guys.

banane4joy (Level 5 Detective) @ 10/20/2008 10:26
Of course. Its too much work for me and voters and i say here its not possible..
What is better? I know why he or she voting for me on third place, last place and i know my exactly order. Good for worse piece. And its more personal ;)
I say one more time. its not possible on PJ.

pixelaro (Level 1 Rookie) @ 10/20/2008 10:16
All of you who is asking for a better voting system, what do you want differently?
Personally I think its fine the way it is though it's kinda stupid that you can vote when you're in the challenge yourself. (At least i think you can, haven't tried to click it)

A second possibillity would be to have a mod that was willing to judge it every week. It would be an equally good option imo. That will be a lot more work for the mods though, and as art is kinda subjective there will always be people that dissagree with the results.

Third alternative is that you let someones vote count respective to your "level" or post count, or amount of points. I'm not gonna argue that one unless someone comes up with an argument as to why this is better.

banane4joy: What makes this a better voting system? All i see is that it takes more work for someone to vote. Its more work for you to go through too, unless you automate it, and then you need to program it. After that it still takes more time to vote and all you gain is that everyone will get a numbered spot. Leading to people "losing" the contest which i think is why the spots below third arent ordered here in the first place.

banane4joy (Level 5 Detective) @ 10/20/2008 09:45
Yes, i dont like this voting system too, but i think is one possible way. My system is  http://souteze.pixel-art.cz/2d-retro-charakter-vse/ (its in czech)  Personal messages with order and comments sending to me. (+ in this challenge with challenge video:)

skeddles (Level 11 Psychopath) @ 10/20/2008 09:24
back to back skedds phail lol
thought its better than the previous back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back

I still vote that we need a better voting system.

jalonso (Level 11 Godfather) @ 10/20/2008 09:14
back to back pixelaro wins o.O

skamocore (Level 11 CEO) @ 10/20/2008 08:56
Rooster: only the top three are in order.

banane4joy (Level 5 Detective) @ 10/20/2008 08:55
omg! thank you so much for second place..

Rooster (Level 5 Captain) @ 10/20/2008 08:47
i like your entry too, but... I'm not satsifacted about my place... Much entries aren't rated fair....

Accepting Fear... I thougt, that it will be nearby top... I think that "Scared Man" isn't to abstractive....
I don't like this voting and rating...

skeddles (Level 11 Psychopath) @ 10/20/2008 08:23
aww, i really like my entry

This Week's Pixel Art

Jelly icon/pixelartEnergy Rifle icon/pixelartSnowy Field icon/pixelartFever of Rays icon/pixelart
Play party games with QuizBash app