Top Pixel Art - May 2009

The following pixel artists produced Pixel Joint's top rated pixel art for May 2009. Many thanks go out to this month's top pixel artists and all the members who took time to rate.

#1 Pixel ArtP.O.D by TheInquisitor
#2 Pixel ArtPlagued - GB Challenge by jalonso
#3 Pixel ArtPixelblink - Failsafe by Adarias
#4 Pixel ArtMonolithic Circle by Kaiseto
#5 Pixel ArtBlueball Crab by jalonso
#6 Pixel ArtThe King of Clubs - Weekly Challenge by JinnDEvil
#7 Pixel ArtElk's Doodle Interpretation Worm-Thingy by Elk
#8 Pixel ArtKing of Hearts by cocefi
#9 Pixel ArtAPH picnic by emlan
#10 Pixel ArtTiepolo Conception by AlexHW

Posted by cure @ 6/16/2009 00:10  |    12

robotriot (Level 4 Shichikyu) @ 6/27/2009 01:16

The "May 2009" link doesn't work, it gives me a 404 error.

TheInquisitor (Level 4 Shichikyu) @ 6/18/2009 04:02

Thanks, Dopple. :) And thanks for the help on the piece too. Expect more steampunk stuff in the future once I have gotten a few more ideas floating in my head. There's a big lack of imaginative reference material out there to inspire me (it all seems to be stylised watches and things)

Great to get the top spot, although I think Jalonso's and Adarias' pieces were technically better. Maybe I submitted it at the best time.

Stickman (Level 6 SWAT) @ 6/16/2009 15:09

Jal - how could you of NOT imagine that it wouldn't be in the top 10? It would be an absolute travesty if it wasn't!

..and you would of have been robbed:)

Also a big mention for Adarias piece which is my personal fav in this top 10.

eldiabolito (Level 2 Quiet One) @ 6/16/2009 14:24

jal, your gameboy piece made it to boingboing... and it fu**ing deserved it!

and this boingboing post actually got me here... thanks man...

cure (Level 10 Capo) @ 6/16/2009 11:47

Reo always gets robbed : (

And Jal doesn't think those gameboy screens were anything other than gold. He's not that senile yet.

Congrats to all winners. Great month.

jalonso (Level 11 Godfather) @ 6/16/2009 11:09

Seriously, I just didn't think so.

Anyhoo, Reo got robbed :(

Dex (Level 11 CEO) @ 6/16/2009 10:02

Oh, psh, be quiet you old man, you knew you had a monthly top hands down ;D

Congrats to everyone! Glad to see Alex's get in there.

jalonso (Level 11 Godfather) @ 6/16/2009 09:43

Congrats all

For the second time ever (Buloght's Skaven was the other) I just knew when first seeing the piece, that P.O.D. would win the  month without a doubt.

I'm almost shocked my Gameboy piece made it at all. I certainly didn't see a Top10 in its future.

Stickman (Level 6 SWAT) @ 6/16/2009 08:01

Great top 10! Nice to see lots of weekly challenge entries in there:)

Doppleganger (Level 6 Yonkyu) @ 6/16/2009 07:45

Congrats on 1st place, Inquis! And congrats to Adarias and Jalonso bringin up the rear. :)

Congrats to everyone else who made it, too!

Elk (Level 3 Stalker) @ 6/16/2009 03:05

weet, gz jalonso for 2x

evaanno (Level 1 Rookie) @ 6/16/2009 02:29

congraz guys :D

This Week's Pixel Art

Scylla's Tooth icon/pixelartWar, Hate and Intolerance icon/pixelartDancing Dino icon/pixelartRun for your life! icon/pixelart