Pixel Art Challenge: Colossal Cave Anniversary

icon

This year allegedly marks the 35th anniversary of the original Colossal Cave Adventure - the first text adventure/interactive fiction and progenitor of the adventure game genre.

So, the challenge this week is to make a pixel art interpretation of the game's opening lines:

YOU ARE STANDING AT THE END OF A ROAD BEFORE A SMALL BRICK BUILDING.
AROUND YOU IS A FOREST. A SMALL STREAM FLOWS OUT OF THE BUILDING AND
DOWN A GULLY.

Canvas Size - Unrestricted.
Colours - Unrestricted.
Transparency - No.
Animation - Optional.

Posted by skamocore @ 12/5/2011 00:02  |    5

Discussion

Argyle (Level 6 Manager) @ 12/6/2011 02:16

I'd like to perform my interpretation from inside Carl Sagan's brain. The dawning of the Milky Way.

shampoop (Level 5 Killer Klown) @ 12/5/2011 10:16

This is a great opportunity for people to show off their 20 col. palettes.

Carnivac (Level 8 Shodan) @ 12/5/2011 09:44

Having to use your own imagination to picture a scene is one of the reasons I still occasionally play text adventures.

Mrmo Tarius (Level 10 Master Sniper) @ 12/5/2011 02:46

I'll try my hand at isometric stuff this time. Never been good at it, so this is a good time to get some practice :)

tanuki (Level 1 Seaman) @ 12/5/2011 00:10

I recently read about this when I had come across an article on building hacking and urban exploration. The part about vadding is interesting.

This Week's Pixel Art

Yuko Saito Portrait icon/pixelartAvatar icon/pixelartFanart AKF Arena characters 5 icon/pixelartThe Archer icon/pixelart
Play party games with QuizBash app