Bell pixel ads online

icon
A while back I sent in a link to a story about rogers communication suing bell canada over their animated pixel cheetah and hare tv ad.  I just found an online gallery of those bell pixel ads with links to quicktime video versions that might interest the pixel-oriented.  I like the pixel style and some of these commercials are pretty funny too:

As far as I know Bell Canada is no longer showing these pixel ads on tv.

PB Edit: These ads were pixelled by the talented Trevor Van Meter
PB Edit #2: My bad... Trevor only work on a certain portion. See n.alien's comment below

Posted by carlsenior @ 9/18/2006 13:10  |    8

Discussion

Toby (Level 3 Stalker) @ 9/20/2006 13:34
didn't really mean ripped in that sense, more like rippind the design. but obviously i just live in a barrel and haven't realised before that the cat clock design is so old :)

pixelblink (Level 9 Federal Agent) @ 9/19/2006 23:15
sweet dude! Thanks for the corrections and filling us in on the talent pool. I gotta say those were my favourite ads in the past 5 years (not just because they were pixelled.. but it helps).

manxana (Level 3 Stalker) @ 9/19/2006 11:03
I loved them :|

dumbo (Level 4 Mercenary) @ 9/19/2006 06:19
Those were wonderful ads indeed.

Rodder (Level 1 Thug) @ 9/19/2006 06:12
I absolutely love these, downloaded every one of them too lol. I've only seen one so far so this is a great post!

Toby (Level 3 Stalker) @ 9/19/2006 00:46
Those ads rock, but i actually found a ripped clock in one of them. Check this one out http://afterfx.net/video/turkey-walnuts the cat clock on the wall is almost identical to this one made by Exavior http://exavior.com/catclock.gif

This Week's Pixel Art

Dryad (Terraria) icon/pixelartOmanyte (Pokemon) icon/pixelartMini-Raiden icon/pixelartinked icon/pixelart
Play party games with QuizBash app