Challenge Awards: An Alien Artefact

icon
The An Alien Artefact pixel art challenge is complete and we have three new champions. This week's challenge awards go to the following pieces:

Thanks so much to all who took the time to vote and participate in the challenge! Check out the An Alien Artefact forum thread for more information.

Posted by Gecimen @ 12/30/2013 00:01  |    7

Discussion

yaa (Level 1 Rookie) @ 12/30/2013 13:34

Congratulations muxaun,khook!

And thank you for voting for the contest.
PixelChallenge was very very fun.
I want to do my best with this again and again. :)

CELS (Level 7 Sheriff) @ 12/30/2013 11:29

I think people have different criteria in mind when voting in the weekly challenge, compared to rating, commenting and faving. A lot of people seem to reward originality and creativity for the weekly challenge, which is perhaps what resulted in more votes for the top 3 submissions.

crozier (Level 6 Hitman) @ 12/30/2013 08:19

Indeed, congrats yaa and khook on your first winning medal! Your pieces were quite interesting.

And also, nice work Muxaun, as always. Glad you are dedicated to competing almost every week! We can certainly see your improvement.

Baianinho (Level 1 Rookie) @ 12/30/2013 07:09

(ENG) Congrats muxaun,yaa, khook !

(PT) eu votei no nevercreature, e esperava que ele ganharia ao menos o terceiro lugar.

Muxaun (Level 4 Deputy) @ 12/30/2013 05:04

I actually didn't vote for your piece because I think that even though your piece is greatly polished and has neat lighting it is just too simple and too obvious - just a rotating cube. Sorry for that. I didn't actually expect to get any place myself. Maybe others had similar reasons.

Anyway your style is pretty interesting and recognizeable. I hope you will enter the fireworks challenge.

Nevercreature (Level 9 Vice President) @ 12/30/2013 04:09

I'm  very sad. It is the most rated/favorited and didn't even have the third medal.

Anyway congratulations to the winners.

Muxaun (Level 4 Deputy) @ 12/30/2013 00:45

That's odd. I expected Nevercreature or yaa to get the first place.

This Week's Pixel Art

Goodness, what big eyes you have! And what big hands you have! icon/pixelartJames Bond icon/pixelartTF2 Portraits icon/pixelartCloud Doggo Chomp icon/pixelart
Play party games with QuizBash app