The latest collection of PJer finds, creations and other stuff.
• Legend of the Elements is a set of structures to let you and a group of friends play out a story of elemental magic and kung-fu wuxia action. Inspired by Avatar: The Last Airbender, Jim Butcher's Codex Alera series, and the Four Great Classical Novels of Chinese literature, though you need no knowledge of any of those things, or even of roleplaying in general, to play the game. Created by Ego
• Who doesn't love with a pixel art Bob Ross-esque fellow? That's the promise of Pixel 8, a game that's about speed-painting pixel art. See the promo HERE. The developers at Playing with Giants will be releasing this one as a free download this Thursday, September 17th. Game's forum thread HERE, Found by 8 Bit Dreams
• Is the art for your video game taking too long to create? Uncover the secrets to creating stunning graphics with 'Pixel Art for Game Developers'. The premier how-to book on Pixel Art and Pixel Art software, it focuses on the universal principles of the craft HERE. Found by dsilber
• Pixel watercolors meet pixelart. The junction between watercolors and pixel art, a medium fertilized by fascination with the simpler display tech of the 80's, perfectly demonstrates the power of nostalgia in Elucidation, Adam Lister's new show at White Walls in San Francisco HERE.Found by 8 Bit Dreams
• Pixel Art Guild aims is to bring pixel artists and pixel lovers together. Send them your (or others) pixel art galleries and games to PixelArtGuild@gmail.com to be featured on the site. Found by 8 Bit Dreams
• Pixel Scenery- THE WORLD IN PIXELS. No art belongs to the blog's curators, most is reblogged! If you see an image that belongs to you and would like credit or removal, please don't hesitate to let them know. Found by 8 Bit Dreams
The new PJv3 is up and running but bugs and glitches abound. Please pm a Mod or post your find in the forum thread PJv3 Bugs and Glitches
Fix Blurred Pixels and More!
• 'Fixeljoint' Firefox extension HERE Chrome extension HERE. Created by EdJr
PJs Expansion Pack mostly created by skeddles and Yanrishatum but also includes other addons found by PJers.
Addons for Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera and Canary.
The latest ISO collab ISOtopes is up and running and moving fast. Check it out and join the fun HERE.
OPP is back and better than ever. The latest focus is on animations. Join the fun!
As always, if you find interesting pixel related things to post in the next StrayPixels send in as news or PM jalonso with details.
We edit and fix all typos so don't be shy.